Need Help Choosing Portable Amp: "IPod 4th Gen + Denon AH-D5000"
Sep 21, 2012 at 3:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

bloodbathxtc

New Head-Fier
Whats good guys?

i am new to all of this, with top class headphones and amps and all. i enjoy music alot, and cant settle for less when it comes down listening to them,
listen to trance heavily and instrumental, thts why i bought ahd5000, if any of you have it, its just amazing when you are listening to symphony or orchestra.

anyhow i need a portable amp, i travell and move around alot. i am buying fiio e11 and l9 2moro. if any of you recommend anything better, feel free to speak out

Sep 21, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #2 of 3
I purchased the Leckerton65mkii with the changed out Op Am and love it.  Robust, small, portable, great sound, good price and a lota grunt.  Read up the reviews on this forum.  I have also just got the Pan Am an am enjoying that.  Have you considered getting new 'cups' on your Denons?  See Marty Custom Headphones.  I have just had a pair of full woodies arrive from him - lovely to say the least.  There is a Marty appreciation thread on Head Fi.  Best of luck with the new addiction - because it willl become that.  By the way can I ask how much you paid for the Denons?  A guy here in NZ tried to sell me a pair recently - but way to expensive even though I know they are good.

Sep 22, 2012 at 12:10 AM Post #3 of 3
I will check up on Leckerton65mkii, also i dont think ill will be getting the Marty Custom cups. its pretty steep on the price. i am thinking of getting Markl Denon Mod. if i could pay someone reliable to do it for me. Also i bought the Denon Ah-d5000 for $420 CAD plus with the tax, it came around $475 CAD. So it was pretty expensive but i think comparing with the d7000, its worth it. if you are planning to buying one, i recommend you get it.

And check out this thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/299627/how-to-build-one-of-the-worlds-finest-dynamic-headphones-markl-denon-ah-d5000-mods

Users who are viewing this thread

Back