Need help choosing good IEMs mostly for rock and under 80-100GBP (After my Brainwavz M3)
May 14, 2012 at 4:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Franzo

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I would appreciate your help with choosing new earphones (IEM) under 80GBP - must be from amazon.co.uk

It seems that my Brainwavz M3 are gone as I can hear annoying crackling sound every time I put them into my ears. It looks like wrinkly membrane or something, so I decided to send them back to Amazon. (Sound quality wasnt affected at all and I liked it a lot).
Amazon can send me only a gift certificate, not the money refund. Thats why it has to be bought at Amazon store.

I am listening to rock and pop rock music mostly. Bands like: The Subways, RHCP, Franz Ferdinand, OK GO, but also from time to time a little bit of vocals as e.g. Loreena McKennitt.

I am listening to music from HTC Sensation - Android device and also Creative Zen mp4 player.

Considering all the reviews I have read (and there were numerous), I was thinking about Shure SE215 (my favourite), Brainwavz M4, Etymotic MC5 (maybe HF2).
After reading bad customer reviews I deleted the Klipsch Image S4 from my list.

I am looking for vivid music with clear separation of instruments and clear top frequencies. Also with clear bass levels but not too over-bass.

I hope you will recomend me something you consider the best choice for me. It doesnt have to by necessarily from my list stated here.

Thank you very much in advance, I appreciate your help (and also your reviews here 
wink_face.gif
).

May 15, 2012 at 5:59 AM Post #3 of 6
thanks for your response, but Vsonic GR07 is a little bit over my budget.

And what about Sleek Audio one? Is their sound much less clear than Shure SE215s? (as stated in reviews)
Does anyone know?

thanks again

May 15, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #5 of 6
[size=1.7em] Head-Direct RE0 look really nice considering the sound quality, but housing is something I really dont like - they look like those most cheapy ones...[/size]
[size=1.7em]  [/size]
[size=1.7em] But after reading a little bit I found Phonak Audéo Perfect Bass Earphones 012 Colour Black [/size]
[size=1.7em] Their sound quality looks very nice and biuld quality as well. They went really well here as well.[/size]
[size=1.7em]  [/size]
[size=1.7em] What about some opinions about them? Do they beat Shure SE215s? [/size]

May 15, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #6 of 6
The Etymotic HF5, Klipsch Image X5, Sony EX600 are highly recommended and they sound great with good isolation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back