NEED HELP CHOOSING EARPHONES!
Apr 28, 2012 at 1:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

rt310

100+ Head-Fier
Most of the earphones I've bought are crappy $20 ones that break in one month.. I'd like to invest in a pair that has good quality and is reasonably affordable - my choices are also limited, as the store that sells them have to be in Sydney. I've been looking around and I've come across the SHURE 2E15 earphones - was wondering if these are good, and if there are any better ones in that general price range.

Apr 28, 2012 at 4:33 AM Post #2 of 6
As a start, look through Joker's multi-IEM review thread. I'm sure he's reviewed or heard most, if not all, of the more obvious candidates.
Also, although I haven't heard the SE215s, based on what I've read they're good for ~$100. As for other choices that are on par or perhaps better, I think there are some out there, although I don't think you can get them locally in a store.

Apr 28, 2012 at 7:26 AM Post #3 of 6
Start with what you want, then find a vendor, on small items like IEMs, and i mean small in size, you can always get them from elsewhere mailed to you, if you limit your choice to whats available locally only, you severely limit your choices overall.

Apr 28, 2012 at 8:11 AM Post #4 of 6

Quote:
Most of the earphones I've bought are crappy $20 ones that break in one month.. I'd like to invest in a pair that has good quality and is reasonably affordable - my choices are also limited, as the store that sells them have to be in Sydney. I've been looking around and I've come across the SHURE 2E15 earphones - was wondering if these are good, and if there are any better ones in that general price range.

the shure se215s are pretty good for the price range. other such as re0, ue600, hf5 are also favourites in that range.

and +1 for joker's thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back