need help choosing dac hope someone can help
Sep 16, 2013 at 1:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

issyl

New Head-Fier
okay so long time ago i bought my sennheiser hd 650 and ive been very happy with them , a couple of days ago i finally took the plunge to get a nice amp for them Vincent Audio KHV-1pre headphone amplifier/preamplifier is the amp i bought , but i dont have a dac i need one that will be good with my my amp and headphones so i can use it with computer , playstation 4 , bluray watching on my panasonic gt50 , 50 inch , i have no clue about good dac its easy to go out and buy a  expensive one , but i hope you can help with geting something that gives alot of value for the money around 600 pounds - - around 1000 dollars is max budget and ofcourse its welcome if i can get something half the money if the performance is good enough , if its any importance i got a onkyo TX SR 608 the bluray player is a Sony BDP-S790 , my computer only has onboard garbage soundcard , think i remembered everything , if theres anything you need to know just ask and ill reply asap

Sep 16, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #2 of 3
The ODAC from JDS labs is a great DAC, but if you plan on listening to files at higher bit rates than CD quality ( 44.1kHz ) then you may want to look elsewhere.  The ODAC comes with USB in and when it is ordered a note should be made whether or not they need to install RCA output connectors.

JDS ODAC
http://www.jdslabs.com/item.php?fetchitem=46

A few other helpful links:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/391977/dac-on-xbox360-or-external-dac-to-use-for-stereo-sound

You will want to fully understand how to get the digital signal from the console to the DAC.

Sep 16, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #3 of 3
many thx for your response , first of all thanks for links , it has to do well with bluray and sacd because i have more then 300 bluray movies so not sure the ODAC will be able to deliver the sound i would like but maybe someone can help clarify this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back