Need help choosing between CA Atlas, Xelento & IE800s

In terms of comfort and SQ..

• Total voters
Jun 15, 2018 at 12:32 AM Post #16 of 25
I agree with subguy812’s comments about the atlas on another thread. “Listening to them only briefly doesn't give you the complete picture. With time, you no longer have to look over the "wall" of bass but on the first listen it is strong. I have also found when switching fromone IEM to the Atlas it takes a minute to adjust. It is not necessary to focus on hearing detailsthey are all there and I don't find the treble rude. If someone has given them adequate time andthe signature doesn't click with you then it just isn't your signature. It is one of the mostaddictive IEMs I have heard and so happy to have it in my collection.”

I think it is totally possible that the Atlas just isn’t your taste as well. Either way all of these are great IEMs. Keep enjoying your Xelento sir!

Jun 15, 2018 at 2:09 AM Post #17 of 25
I do like bass heavy iems that are tastefully done, the atlas is literally a pair of woofers in a hairdryer. The treble is slightly odd not quite a smooth experience. You may argue I didn't give enough time and the demo is still too new, that might be true. I'll be back to try again eventually when it has seen some further burn in.

Jun 15, 2018 at 9:54 AM Post #18 of 25
Never heard the xelento. I think it depends what sound youre going after. The atlas for some genres is as perfect as can be and really sucks you in. It isnt meant to be a reference monitor. As stated it takes time to understand it; it sort of dawned on me last night they are a special iem. I think the tuning on them is a very artistic tuning and with that said not everyone will like them of course.

Jun 15, 2018 at 9:56 AM Post #19 of 25
I agree with subguy812’s comments about the atlas on another thread. “Listening to them only briefly doesn't give you the complete picture. With time, you no longer have to look over the "wall" of bass but on the first listen it is strong. I have also found when switching fromone IEM to the Atlas it takes a minute to adjust. It is not necessary to focus on hearing detailsthey are all there and I don't find the treble rude. If someone has given them adequate time andthe signature doesn't click with you then it just isn't your signature. It is one of the mostaddictive IEMs I have heard and so happy to have it in my collection.”

I think it is totally possible that the Atlas just isn’t your taste as well. Either way all of these are great IEMs. Keep enjoying your Xelento sir!

Agreed they are nicely detailed and I think they combined a treble that is pretty similar to andromeda. Not quite but close.

Jun 16, 2018 at 2:23 AM Post #20 of 25
Tried with SP1000.
I tested with Chord Mojo. I find it pretty amazing. tight and deep bass with well extended treble (not to the sparkle extend). Yes the vocal is slightly recessed but not as much as Vega. I think the player or DAC plays a part too. Ultimately, audio is something very subjective. It suit me but it might sound like crap for you. The most essential is you are happy with what you are listening to. Happy listening! :)

Jun 16, 2018 at 4:27 AM Post #21 of 25
I tested with Chord Mojo. I find it pretty amazing. tight and deep bass with well extended treble (not to the sparkle extend). Yes the vocal is slightly recessed but not as much as Vega. I think the player or DAC plays a part too. Ultimately, audio is something very subjective. It suit me but it might sound like crap for you. The most essential is you are happy with what you are listening to. Happy listening! :)
That's a very warm sounding combo indeed, always found the Mojo to smooth over treble. Yes audio is subjective in the end but there is some objectivity in it. I don't think the Atlas is crap, but definitely not worthy of the price tag it warranted.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2018 at 11:53 AM Post #22 of 25
I also have to admit I have become somewhat of a campfire audio fanboy the last couple of years. I have fallen in love with their "house sound" that their iems and now headphones tend to have. I do enjoy other companies like empire ears and Noble but there is something about the totl campfire products that really appeal to me.

Jun 17, 2018 at 6:53 AM Post #23 of 25
That's a very warm sounding combo indeed, always found the Mojo to smooth over treble. Yes audio is subjective in the end but there is some objectivity in it. I don't think the Vega is crap, but definitely not worthy of the price tag it warranted.
Yes Mojo is a warm sounding DAC and I love it. Yes always believe price to performance ratio. But performance is something that hard to judge. Some people appreciates certain sound signature more than others.

May 16, 2019 at 11:16 PM Post #25 of 25
I haven't tried the Xelento, but spent a lot of time researching the three IEMs in the poll before eventually choosing the Atlas. I'm not a purist with a sophisticated ear and go for engagement (usually music is background listening to me while working), but I appreciate a perfectly reproduced sound as well.

I went back and forth between the Xelento and the Atlas, but I chose the Atlas for a few reasons. 1) I really like Campfire Audio's build quality, customer service, and design. 2) I got them on brand new b-stock (cosmetic) for a significant discount.

They absolutely engage me. The bass is insane (someone describe it like a subwoofer in your ear), but the clarity of the rest of the sound is fantastic and does not get lost (crushes my Westone UM Pro 50... as expected). I listen to mostly pop music, and some songs with a catchy sound just really pull you even more and take you away on a journey.

I would love to try the Xelento to compare but have no regrets with the Atlas and really love Campfire Audio.

My only problem is that with Silicone tips I get driver suffocation when flying on the airplane (where the sound cuts out because the seal is too good on my ear and the pressure gets out of whack).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back