Need help choosing between CA Atlas, Xelento & IE800s

In terms of comfort and SQ..

• Total voters
May 31, 2018 at 11:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Marshall95

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, I previously used Audio Technica DSR9BTs and was honestly blown away by the sound, but the build quality didn't seem like it would last long, I had to sell them & now I'm looking for an in ear models, I'm thinking of purchasing the Xelento since I've seen nothing but positive reviews regarding its sound signature, but I'm also wondering if the CA Atlas would be a better upgrade? or something like a IE800s?

May 31, 2018 at 9:24 PM Post #2 of 25
I might have the chance to try CA Atlas tonight because it just reached Singapore but I need sometime to let the dynamic driver to exercise.

For IE800s, I would say it is comparable with CA Andromeda with 5 BA drivers. Very wide soundstage and amazing separations. One thing that stopped me from purchasing is the cable. I find it odds when the cable is detachable at the Y splitter location. It defeat the purpose for me to upgrade the cable because the cable above Y splitter will still limiting the final outcome. And the eartips are weird. Very hard for me to find replacement eartips in Singapore. Conclusion is weird but it really sounds good. The design killed it.

I do not have a chance to try Xelento in Singapore so no comment...

Maybe you can consider CA Andromeda but ultimately we need to know what kind of sound signature you prefer...

May 31, 2018 at 9:44 PM Post #3 of 25
When spending that kind of cash, I would personally consider build quality to be extremely important. In that regard, I would say the solid stainless steel Atlas is in a league of its own when compared to the other two. Just my take and YMMV, of course.

Jun 4, 2018 at 2:33 AM Post #4 of 25
I own the Xelento and while I haven't heard the atlas, I can safely say the xelento is an amazing DD iem. The bass is one of the best I've ever heard beating most TOTL headphones too at that. It does have a 9k treble peak but I don't find it discomforting. Upper mids might be slightly lacking relative to the other frequencies but it's amazing nevertheless. Can't recommend it enough.

Jun 13, 2018 at 9:03 PM Post #6 of 25
I played around with my CA Atlas - it is a wow. The bass is more profound as compared to IE800s. The build and the cable of Atlas is amazing. It kills IE800s almost immediately. The presentation is more neutral as compared to IE800s. Less fatigue causing as well. I paired it up with Chord Mojo and listen to some .wav files. Simply amazing.

Jun 14, 2018 at 5:16 AM Post #7 of 25
I played around with my CA Atlas - it is a wow. The bass is more profound as compared to IE800s. The build and the cable of Atlas is amazing. It kills IE800s almost immediately. The presentation is more neutral as compared to IE800s. Less fatigue causing as well. I paired it up with Chord Mojo and listen to some .wav files. Simply amazing.
Thanks for your opinion.

Jun 14, 2018 at 5:20 AM Post #9 of 25
I had a chance to a/b the Atlas and Xelento yesterday, I would suggest you to stay away from the Atlas because all you get is bass and spiky treble. Kills the overall tone.
May I know what's your setup? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back