Need help choosing between BeyerDynamic DT770 Pro and Sennheiser Momentum.
Nov 2, 2013 at 8:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Kongslien

New Head-Fier
Hi. As the title says, i have a small "problem". I've tested both DT770 Pro (32 ohm) and the Momentum (16ohm, over ear), and i liked them both.
I wil be using it mainly on my laptop and my phone. The Momentum costs like 200$ more than the DT770s, but is it worth it?
I already have AKG K518LE, but it feels like they are missing that one important bit when i use them, plus they're not the kind that feels good to use for more than an hour or two.
I'm kind of new to the Hi-Fi scene, so any help is apreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Nov 2, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #2 of 8
I can't recommend either cause I haven't heard them but judging by frequency response the beyer is more balanced and would work with many different genre's of music.

Nov 4, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #6 of 8
I own both the 770Dt's and Audio Technica M50's and I've recently tested the Momentums and frankly liked them very much. I didn't quite like their price though. Nonetheless FWIW I would submit that my Audio Technica M50's get far more ear time than my Beyerdynamics, purely because they sound so much better to me. So I would hope that you also give the M50's a listen too before you finally commit, as IMO they're very close to momentums on SQ and for far less outlay. HTH

Nov 5, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #7 of 8
Sorry for delays in my response. I mostly listen to dubstep, some hip hop and drum & bass.
Haven't bought any yet. I wanna be 100% sure before i buy something.
Also, i'm gonna do like you said Disquisitive, give the M50s a listen.

Nov 6, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #8 of 8
The Momentum on-ears sound great with that kind of music, but the comfortability isn't very good. The headband will slowly start to hurt your head after a couple of hours, but there propably is a way to modify it. The price is also a little high for the quality, but if you can swing it, no problem :)
All in all, the Momentum on-ears are very good cans, especially for electronic music, hip hop, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back