Need help choosing a Sennheiser headphone
Dec 21, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #16 of 21
Well the Orpheus is about $50,000 and I think the black market value of a single kidney is around $250K, don't ask me how I know.....:p.

I won't pry too much, I fear for my life :slight_frown:.
The black market value also does depend on where you live I would assume. I'm pretty sure some places have a higher... stock than others.

Dec 23, 2017 at 8:42 AM Post #19 of 21
I googled for some comparisons between the 569 and the 598cs but found little of any value...

FWIW...the 569 made Tyll's Wall of Fame - Over-Ear Sealed. From the write ups, these appear to be a solid set of cans for the money.

I own the 598cs...nice high value, all-rounder that is comfortable for longer sessions. TBH though, I find my DT770s more comfortable.

Dec 24, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #20 of 21
Hi everyone, I'm a new member and also a noob one. I have very little knowledge about audiophile. My first pair are the Sennheiser HD 598. I bought it about 5 months ago after getting tired with cheap-easily-broken headphones. I'm very happy with my 598, used them mostly for gaming and movies. Now I looking for another pair to use at my workplace. And I'm so torn between HD 569, HD 598cs and HD 579.
After trying to read and watch reviews about them, I feel even more confused. I have some question:
- Are HD 569 and HD 598cs the same ? I mean they're both closed back, look similar, but are they really sound the same ?
- How the HD 579 performs compare to HD 598 ? I don't have much reference to compare to. So it'd be great if you guys could share your experience about the HD 579.
- Also I bought a Sennheiser 4.40 BT last month hoping to use it with my PS4 but ended up selling it because Sony slapped me in the face and said PS4 doesn't support bluetooth headphones :disappointed: And I don't really like the cold, harsh feel of 4.40 BT sounding. I like it warmer. And the around-ear pads made me stop using them after an hour because my ears hurt. I don't have this problem with the 598. So now I know I wanna look for a big, large over-ear ( circumaural ) headphones, warm sound with some more bass over my 598 ( I'm not a basshead) Closed back would be great but I don't mind open back either.
TL;DR: What should I buy HD 569, HD 598cs or HD 579 ? How they sound ? Are 569 and 598cs sound the same. A comparison of them all would be great.
And thank you ! :)
Hands down the HD579 are the best out of the cans you have listed. Think your 598 with a deeper, tighter bass with just a tad (small,very) less soundstage..But a quicker response from top to bottom..I replaced my 558s with the 579 and never looked back, even tho I prefer my DT990s for serious gaming :) If you have a Frys near you they have all the Senns in a listening station where you can try them out...You'll be amazed by the 579, even better then the 599 IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back