Need help buying some really good headphones
Dec 11, 2011 at 12:18 AM Post #17 of 30
Quote:
im just going to be honest. i really liked the studio beats, but thought they were overpriced for the quality. is there anything similar to them but better and maybe cheaper?

Beats look good but they need batteries constantly. Are you prepared to always bring along spare ones in case the batteries run flat?
Sony XB700 is def cheaper and just as bassy. Even better go for the XB1000.

Dec 11, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #19 of 30

Quote:
P.S BEATS SUCK!

Quote:
im just going to be honest. i really liked the studio beats,

So which is it?
rolleyes.gif

Dec 11, 2011 at 12:28 AM Post #20 of 30

Quote:
What problems? Can you link me the reviews? The pair I got for my friend is working perfectly for the last 5 months. And he takes trains & buses to school almost everyday.

here's teh link: http://www.audioreview.com/cat/headphones-home-audio/headphones/beyer-dynamic/dt-770-pro/prd_117777_2750crx.aspx

Dec 11, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #21 of 30

Quote:
here's teh link: http://www.audioreview.com/cat/headphones-home-audio/headphones/beyer-dynamic/dt-770-pro/prd_117777_2750crx.aspx

That pair is the DT770pro, not the standard DT770. Regardless, they should still be good. In the link, some reviews were actually good. Can't believe the first review actually recommended Beats over the Beyer lol.
If you need more persuasion, then see this http://www.headphile.com/page8.html Larry actually modified those into very nice headphones. I doubt he would choose a problematic headphones to modify in the first place.
Anyhow, enough advice from me, you gotta make your decision on your own and hopefully soon since your JVC is broken. Good luck.

Dec 11, 2011 at 1:10 AM Post #23 of 30

Quote:
does anyone here have the ATH-M50? are they good?

Yep, I've got a pair, heaps of people on Head-Fi have them!

They're fairly nice, no real weak points to dislike but they're not a stunning can either ~ depends on what price you could get them for.

They're ok for a closed $200 can, but I think the Ultrasone 580 is the better can for the same money.

Dec 11, 2011 at 5:16 PM Post #25 of 30
Another vote for the XB700's if you like Beats.

Dec 11, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #26 of 30

Quote:
Another vote for the XB700's if you like Beats.

yep get the XB700's and the ZO2. and your set....hmm ..it doesn't really make too much sense for an amp to be more than the can(at this price range) so...the E6? paired with an FiiO L9 LOD?
$100 total :)

Dec 12, 2011 at 4:12 AM Post #27 of 30
Maybe split your budget between a ~$100 IEM for portable and a used ~$200 full size open for home.

Dec 12, 2011 at 4:26 AM Post #28 of 30

Quote:
i was looking at the reviews for the DT770's and a lot of them had problems with them.

Beyerdynamic DT series do not sound their best without a decent headphone amplifier.
Beyerdynamic DT that are 32-Ohm and will work with out a headphone ampliifer, but have the least bass of the DT series.
The DT770 Pro 80-Ohm will work decently and sound less then great, without a headphone amplifier.

Dec 12, 2011 at 4:29 AM Post #29 of 30

Quote:
Does anyone here have the ATH-M50? are they good?

There a good buy when they are $120, but the current price is around $160.

Dec 12, 2011 at 4:31 AM Post #30 of 30

Quote:
Now, i really value audio, but i dont want to disgrace others by labelling myself an, "audiophille" I love my music just as much as my gaming consoles. So i need help deciding on preferably over ear headphones that are comfortable, All around pretty good, some sort of noise cancelling as i ride subways and buses everyday (whether it be passive or active), not really leaky, good balancing of bass/treble, DURABLE and overall, CRISP SOUND QUALITY. I am very open minded as to whether they are heavy, ugly, or anything like that. I seek your guidance, masters. 
[edit] I have a $300 or less price range
[edit] my current headphones are $30 JVC on ear headphones.
P.S BEATS SUCK!

The new Audio Technica ATH-A900Xs are $300.
The new ATH-A700X should be cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back