Need help buying some really good headphones
Dec 10, 2011 at 9:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

Xc568

New Head-Fier
Now, i really value audio, but i dont want to disgrace others by labelling myself an, "audiophille" I love my music just as much as my gaming consoles. So i need help deciding on preferably over ear headphones that are comfortable, All around pretty good, some sort of noise cancelling as i ride subways and buses everyday (whether it be passive or active), not really leaky, good balancing of bass/treble, DURABLE and overall, CRISP SOUND QUALITY. I am very open minded as to whether they are heavy, ugly, or anything like that. I seek your guidance, masters. 
[edit] I have a $300 or less price range
[edit] my current headphones are $30 JVC on ear headphones.

P.S BEATS SUCK!

Dec 10, 2011 at 10:09 PM Post #2 of 30

Sennheiser PXC 310 should fit the bill

Dec 10, 2011 at 10:30 PM Post #4 of 30

Quote:

Sennheiser PXC 310 should fit the bill

Why recommend portables?

These are super popular ones, they will blow ur mind, but they require amps(well to get full potential, the AHD's..could be driven with an ipod but the other two need an amp) overal this will run $450 so .....just food for thought. my recommendations are all closed btw
AHD2000
600/650 HD

Are you a basshead?YES?
HFI 580 more bass, while still has almost studio highs and mids
HFI 780 less bass than 580 but crispier
Shure 750Dj
Beyerdynamics DT990
ATH M50 - not as recommended anymore. it seems the new 2009 post batch isn't as good anymore. Most reviews would go wtiht he HFI 580-look it up

i'd recommend the 580 out of all these, i have them and have personally researched for weeks. most would give the hfi 580 the thumbs up

Most would go with the HFI 580 if u are a basshead that wants good bass but also really nice highs and lows. 

Not a basshead? need neutral stuff?
Shure SRH 840
Shure SRH 940 (get this one if u are deciding from 840 to 940)
Sennheiser 500 series. look at reviews, each one is different for differnt music.

i'd recommend teh 940 out of all these.

and for an amp. i'd recommend an ibasso(not an amp, but series), ZO2, or E11.
Get the ZO2 or ibasso for more basshead stuff
Get the E11 if you are into more clear neutral stuff.

also get an FiiO LOD (the L9 preferably) only works with ipod...but who doesn't have an ipod these days

Dec 10, 2011 at 10:55 PM Post #8 of 30
It would help to know what you will be listening from, that way we can tell if you need an amp or not. The Ultrasone PRO 750 would be my first choice, but if you want a lighter sound look at the Sennheiser HD25. If you want something really neutral, check out the Shure SRH940.

Dec 10, 2011 at 11:45 PM Post #14 of 30

Quote:
I'd strongly recommend the AKG K702's with a fiio E7 or E7 + E9 combo if you can afford it - It's a little out of your range but it's worth it

How is that going to work on the bus or train though?

OP's original post

" All around pretty good, some sort of noise cancelling as i ride subways and buses everyday (whether it be passive or active), not really leaky,
good balancing of bass/treble, DURABLE and overall, CRISP SOUND QUALITY. I am very open minded as to whether they are heavy, 

Dec 10, 2011 at 11:47 PM Post #15 of 30
im just going to be honest. i really liked the studio beats, but thought they were overpriced for the quality. is there anything similar to them but better and maybe cheaper?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back