Need help: amp for DT880 600 ohms
Feb 16, 2013 at 2:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

pacio

New Head-Fier
Hello everybody,
I need an amp for my DT880 600 ohms and I'm undecided between the following amps:
Violectric V100 and the Lafigaro-Darkvoice 339.
I know they are quite different, but they have in common a feature that help me manage my problem: my hearing ability is lower on my right ear, thus I need kind of a "channel balance" feature to compensate.
My concern lies in the fact that the 600 ohms cans are not easy to drive and since I don't have any chance to give these amps a try, I would be pleased to receive your advice.

Thank you very much!

Marco

Feb 16, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #2 of 4
The 339 is OTL, it should be very good with these cans. I know my OTL crack drives the 600ohm T1's and 300 ohm DT990's much better than the V200 does. Effortless, tons of macro and micro dynamics. grainless, no compression or distortion even at very high volumes.

I was so impressed by this combo I actually bought a 339 to have an OTL at the office as well as at home. It is not here yet, so cannot comment on the 339 directly.

KP

Feb 16, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #3 of 4
Hi KP,
thanks, so fast!

BTW, If I may ask, where did you buy it? I have a good feeling with it, but actually the nearest store is in the US.. maybe from the makers themselves?
If you can't tell, a PM is appreciated.
Thanks,

Marco

Users who are viewing this thread

Back