Need Help / Advise to build a Cost-No-Object Beta 22 Amp B22 Amp
Jun 28, 2008 at 9:52 PM Post #78 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by 43sunsetslater /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try to do a spell check before you get too excited wanting to jump into the flaming session.

Eeh I cant spell so well. Fortunately for me this is not a thread about my poor spelling but regarding a request for part recommendations to build a complicated amplifier!

How much of the effect of a boutique capacitor do you expect to hear in a circuit which has a PSURR of around 120db? LOLERSKATESOMFGBBQ. you should use parts here that have better HF performance, they will work better as the PSU starts to poop out at (very) high frequencies. transient response will be better, everything in the audio range will be the same either way.

Jun 28, 2008 at 10:12 PM Post #79 of 86
Perhaps you should try a nice tube amp instead? You could just plan thoroughly, and build a nice 600v power supply and get a wonderful sounding amp.

Jun 28, 2008 at 10:23 PM Post #80 of 86
OP, you are confused. This is the DIY forum. What you want is to BUY a fully-assembled and working amp, which is easily accomplished. I think that will resolve the confusion in this thread. Thanks and let us know how the order goes.

As for your perception of DIY, beginners' questions are always welcome. God knows I've asked plenty. But at a certain point, the answer becomes: "well, it's your amp, let us know what you end up doing because there is no right answer." (Except for those fundamental points that it is more than reasonable to expect you to familiarize yourself with on your own.)

I leave you with the sig of one of the most helpful contributors to this community:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tangent
"Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he knows what tackle to buy."

There are many in this thread who are trying to teach you to fish.

Jun 28, 2008 at 10:36 PM Post #81 of 86
43sunsets, you have been given good advice which you are choosing to ignore because it requires work on your part. You have been rude and hostile because you don't like the answers you've been given. I'm sorry I didn't sugar coat my comments enough for you, welcome to my ignore list (at your own request).

Jun 28, 2008 at 10:52 PM Post #82 of 86
Blackgates are going to be effectively useless here. Maybe worse. There are no caps in the signal pathway (look at the schematic). I've always been told that out of the signal pathway BG's don't behave nearly as well as much cheaper Panasonic caps and others. This is the point were trying to make... YOU WANT TO MAKE A "MAXXXED OUT DIY SS AMP" AND YOU THINK THAT PUTTING NAME GRADE PARTS WILL MAKE AMB'S DESIGN BETTER. That's simply wrong, and AMB has already schooled you on how throwing in Kiwames instead of the stock part would have caused you major problems, which you completely missed. Same thing goes for the BG's in my opinion. And probably a ton of other parts you are thinking about changing right now. We are trying to show you where you are making mistakes, and you are completely ignoring it.

If you really want to use BGs, highend parts, etc, I'd really suggest building a Millet Max. It will go a LONG way in helping with a beta22: It has no IC (cept for the voltage regulator), everything needed is built into the board, the casework will give you a lot of great practice, you'll get practice setting up and biasing the amp, dealing with heat dissipation,etc., and upgraded parts deffinately make a good difference.

Jun 29, 2008 at 1:18 AM Post #83 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by 43sunsetslater /img/forum/go_quote.gif
snip
FordGTlover...

I think it cuts both ways, I have only responded as appropriately as to how I am corresponded with. For those nay-sayers and people with too much time, like me, let's just either contribute constructively, or remain distant to each other.

Stay civil to me, you get the same thing back. Universal law.

thatshoulddo.jpg

Jun 29, 2008 at 1:31 AM Post #84 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by UglyJoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you really want to use BGs, highend parts, etc, I'd really suggest building a Millet Max. It will go a LONG way in helping with a beta22: It has no IC (cept for the voltage regulator), everything needed is built into the board, the casework will give you a lot of great practice, you'll get practice setting up and biasing the amp, dealing with heat dissipation,etc., and upgraded parts deffinately make a good difference.

I absolutely agree - and I hope that the OP is still listening, despite the unpleasantness.

A couple of hundred dollars spent on a 'dry run' will do wonders to the skill level and confidence. Further, the Millett Max is a great design to go nuts with boutique parts...... and not to mention it sounds bloody great for the price!

Jun 29, 2008 at 1:41 AM Post #85 of 86
43sunsetslater,
If you end up reading this you need to consider what is happening. This is like a life lesson. There are many people that are seniors here, alot of them have a "Headphoneus Supremus" under there name. They tend to be the wise ones on the site. Especially AMB. He is one of the largest contributor's to the DIY network, and the designer of the β22. You need to think about listening to them they are "been there done that" people.

I understand the questions you ask, but I dont understand the responses you are giving. I have been in your shoes when it comes to questions. You should take the good responses and put them on paper, the ones you don't like ignore them.

There are many people here to help, just don't abuse it.

Jun 29, 2008 at 6:45 AM Post #86 of 86
43sunsetslater. ...and you still don't end it. Just continue like "usual"...
mad.gif

You are seeking help here. But do a hell of a job pissing us off instead.. *shakes head*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back