Need Help ($230 Budget)
Aug 7, 2012 at 7:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Tom3121

New Head-Fier
Help!

Hi, I'm thinking of buying my first 'good' pair of headphones, I have used Sennheiser HD205 in the past and am currently using Sony MDR XB500's. I have a budget of £150 ($230) for the best sounding headphones I can get, I will be listening to Hip Hop, Rap, Alternative, small amount of Pop and vocals along with various multimedia, Youtube videos etc. I am currently looking at the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro and 990 Pro's. Will the 80ohm version require an amp, if so it would need to be portable and around £50 ($80). I would like some noise isolation, although it's not totally necessary and minimal sound leakage.
Any advice on which of the two I suggested or another headphone altogether would be much appreciated. I would also be very interested in any advice on amps.
Thanks,
Tom.

Aug 14, 2012 at 11:05 AM Post #6 of 10
The V-MOda M80 are amazing sounding portable headphones and currently they are under your budget(highly recommended). The other headphones like Shure 840, Sony ZX700, harmen kardon CL are great buy.

Aug 15, 2012 at 6:00 AM Post #8 of 10
HD598 offer excelent comfort and vocals along with a very wide soundstage, they leak quite a lot (not nearly as much as grados though) and the bass isnt punch you dead in the face type though, its a little gentle and weighty (neutral bass), and it will not protect you much from outside noise, but then... the vocals sound lively even unamped
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back