Need fun upgrade that last for the next 5-10 years
Jun 10, 2020 at 12:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

amboris

New Head-Fier
I allready tried to get advice from reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/HeadphoneA...ed_buying_advice_for_enjoyable_headphone_for/ and browsed there and here a bit.

I discribed what I own and what I am probably looking for in the reddit post but no response on so far. Anyway I collected my though again and came to conclution that its maybe better to spend one time big instead on series of small portion where I am not really happy with, like i did so far. There are no local stores with high-end stuff where I can test it out where I am. We got a Mall but they got more of the regular consumer stuff. But I am sure I could get to test out some of the popular hailed one like sennheiser, audio-technica etc.

Anyway I am looking for a headphone for all round use that enslaves them all in all my activity (voice call, movies, gaming(horror), music). I have though about the Klipsch HP3 or danon ah-d9200 some say they make everything sounds good. But I am kina scared about the long session use with that treble zish. Any way to fix this with a mod?
I hope you guys could recomment something that fits the prefferences.

Jun 10, 2020 at 12:34 PM Post #2 of 7
When I auditioned the AH-D9200 and AH-D7200 almost side by side, I thought the 7200 was approximate 95% the same headphone but with a bit less treble.
I honestly preferred the 7200, but the 9200 was probably more technically accurate.

You can also quite easily attenuate treble frequencies by putting a disk of any soft porous material inside the ear pad opening in-front of the driver.
I have had good results with foam, "Artic Cotton"/Bamboo (thermal insulation material made from natural sources) and Thermolam (synthetic insulation material).

Foam is the easiest to source, with 'replacement' products available from Sennheiser and Beyerdynamic and 3rd party OEM sources for the same headphones. Also it looks the best because it's almost always black.
Thermolam is easily the cheapest. I bought a huge sheet of 1m length off a roll at a fabric shop for about 7 euros. It's a fairly plain white colour.
"Arctic Cotton/Bamboo" is difficult to source from N.America and fairly expensive, but often produced the best results, or tied with foam and lasts longer than foam. It's the ugliest with a textured off-white/cream colour.

Some people might suggest tissue paper, which is fine for a while, but it just absorbs sweat, gets destroyed and can make a mess.

Jun 10, 2020 at 2:05 PM Post #3 of 7
I have now read some reviews and watched some videos on these danon 7200. Seens like i could really like them, but there are some issues that could border me like a pimple that driving one crazy. Any chance to mod the bass bleed in into mid away, expand the soundstage and fill the thin high on the d7200? what would you say about price value on this, despite all the compedition in this range. would be great if there are some headphone thats sounds good just by plug and play without using eq's and extras.

Jun 10, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #4 of 7
I think you're getting ahead of yourself a little.
It's easy to get swamped in all the information, but really a lot of it will end up being irrelevant to you.
Once you own a headphone and hear for yourself if you like it or not, and experience the comfort first-hand, only then can you know if you will like a headphone.

The shape or your head, ears and inner-ear anatomy all attenuate sound differently to every other human being, and how you perceive soundstage between headphones is different to other people because your ears are in a slightly different place on your head than other people.

This is why there will never be headphone that sound good (to everyone) straight out of the box.
There are too many human variables.... and that's BEFORE you include subjective taste! :)

Jun 10, 2020 at 4:08 PM Post #5 of 7
I cant really try out the non mainstream where I am and I dont know supplyer who would ship to some random guy for him to try out. :/
The best think I can do right now is reading and watching reviews and giving feedback of the ones I have owned so far and hope people can recomment from that to find what comes close to what I am searching for.

Jun 12, 2020 at 12:59 AM Post #6 of 7
You may want to read up on the Audeze LCD-GX. It's been getting a lot of good write-ups lately for having excellent out-of-the-box tuning, and it has the magnesium frame so it's on the lighter side for Audeze headphones. Plus, if using it for stuff that requires a microphone it comes with one.

Jun 12, 2020 at 3:04 PM Post #7 of 7
thanks for the info, i went witht he e-mu teak and allready ordered, cause enouth people (hopefully they know what they are talking about) said to give it a go. also it seems like this foster model have a lot of potenzial of tuning mod if something would still border me ^^".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back