NEED:First pair of headphones
Sep 7, 2009 at 9:06 AM Post #31 of 33
wow,these prices are damn expensive!i will be getting my headphone online probably from headroom,but if you are complaining about your prices,wait until you see our taxes!i payed $100 taxes on my ie8 when i got them with a discount for 320$ shipped,so actually i did save nothing,lol.
anyway i will take these considerations and do a bit of research to see what suits me,i just wanted someone to recommend me a specific pair of headphone and tell me what he/she driving them from and what do they excell in(genres) and if they are easy to drive.But well..i cant have everything......
thx again for suggestions guys.

Sep 7, 2009 at 11:57 AM Post #32 of 33
Although you said you don't want sennheiser,my advice is sennheiser hd 595.

It doesn't require an amp to sound good,portable devices can drive it easily(i'm talking about the 50ohm version,never tried the 120 ohm).Of course,if you get an amp,you will improve their overall sound quality.

Hd 595 has a nice,balanced,smooth sound,with more forward vocals compared to the hd 600(i own hd 600).The treble is also very sweet and never harsh.

I found the hd 595 to be one of the most comfortable headphones i've tried.
So,i don't think you will have a problem with long listening.

My only concern is that when i tried them sometime ago,out of my portable,they sounded a bit lifeless and slow.But i tried them again some days ago,out of the same portable,and they sounded fine(both were new,with no burn in)
confused_face_2.gif

I guess the first time i was not in a so good mood!

Sep 7, 2009 at 1:27 PM Post #33 of 33
ya i am debating between the 595 and the denon 2000.i conatcted headroom and a very helpful man that works there emailed me and told me that the D2000 are fairly easy to drive from any portable player and that they dont recquire an amp although he said they will benifit from one.he also told me that the bass is powerful and impactfull which what i was looking for.i dont know....i'll read a little more
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back