Need Earbuds with Deep Bass! (DNB)
Oct 21, 2008 at 2:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

phatal

New Head-Fier
For: Unamped Sansa Sandisk mp3 player (BTW, how is this for sound quality?)
Budget: $75.
Want: Deep Bass

I am looking for earbuds that will provide me with the deep sub-bass that is commonly found in Drum and Bass and other electronic tracks. I can only really achieve this sound with my current very cheap earbuds if I press on them with my finger. I can not be completely isolated with my headphone choice, but I still would like to be able to at least hear the lower frequencies. Thanks!

-Phatal^

Oct 21, 2008 at 3:54 AM Post #2 of 10
Atomic Bass. $40. It's only bass. No mids or high fidelty.

Oct 21, 2008 at 12:57 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpha 1 Omega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
try and I can't believe I'm going to recommend skullcandy :p pu

Really? Any particular model? I am surprised to see a recommendation for Skullcandy, they don't exactly seem to get glowing reviews around here.

I had definitly been considering the atomic bass after reading about them on another thread, and the price seems right. But let me be clear -- I am not looking for muddy bass that is going to drown out all the mids and highs. I just want something that is going to be able to hit those lower bass notes.

I keep reading about yuin earbuds, do they have any models that would compete with the atomic bass earbuds for the enjoyment of electronic music and it's many subgenres?

Thanks again.

Oct 22, 2008 at 1:14 AM Post #9 of 10
Yuin PK2's don't need to be amped and have decent bass.
There are some other offerings from Yuin that are worth considering. Do a search.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back