Need DAC for Grado Alessandro MS2i
Jan 29, 2010 at 3:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

pseudohippy

500+ Head-Fier
Id like to be able to use these headphones in different rooms of my home playing from my laptop. I need help from those more knowledgeable then me. What is a good amp to pair with the MS2i for my purpose. Im afraid to hear there isnt a good match and Ill have to buy a new desktop amp but Id rather not.

Also it would be good if it also had an amp so I could even use them with my cowon players but this is far less important. Its hard to find good threads around here for the MS2i, they seem to not be too popular anymore
confused_face.gif

If there isnt any portable amp/dacs that will make these shine please report to me any inexpensive desktop amps.

Budget is preferably low so the cheapest that will let these babies shine is my choice but if I have to save big bucks to get the job done I will so there really is no budget, just the cheapest that will get the job done adequately without overkill.

Jan 29, 2010 at 3:40 AM Post #2 of 6
On a low budget, I would just go with a uDAC, $99. You might not even need an amp with it. If you decide later that you do, you can easily pick up a portable one to go with it for cheap, even used on the forum.

Jan 29, 2010 at 2:50 PM Post #3 of 6
uDAC should be a nice match for the Allesandros. Plenty if grunt and a warm sound in a *really small* package. For a more neutral and more dynamic presentation, you can also take a look at the Bit Perfect from Hot Audio.

Jan 29, 2010 at 3:38 PM Post #4 of 6
Ok, you guys are not referring to the Icon Mobile though correct? I think I found the $99 uDAC, does that require ac power or does it take a battery? Id like something I dont have to plug into a wall preferably. The uDac I am looking at looks like it has a power plug on the back but it could also be one of those huge USB connections on the uDAC end hopefully terminating standard USB on the other end, yes?

Thanks guys.

EDIT: Never mind, Ive looked closer and realized that is definitely USB. I think Ill at least pick one up and try it out. Thanks for the suggestions.

Jan 29, 2010 at 3:44 PM Post #6 of 6
Pico sounded great with my SR225.But it is a bit pricey.
Mini3 is a cheap and good sounding alternative.
I have not listened it but uDac also worths mentioning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back