Need closed, over-ear headphones. Advice?
Apr 29, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #16 of 17
Re: Beats
If the OP must have beats, monster is currently (as of 4/29) having a sale on refurbs with an extra 15% off from techbargains. Pro's seem to net out at $212.45 (free ship, tax in CA), so Studios would probably be in the same ballpark: http://www.techbargains.com/news_displayItem.cfm/296693

I listened to the pros at best buy and thought they sounded pretty good (although annoyingly bass-y) but was nauseated at the price. At $200, they're a bit more palatable.

Re: Denon 2000
I think that you just missed the $208 sale on the Denon 2000's at Electronics Expo. Sucks.

Re: Philips Citiscape
As an earlier poster mentioned, you could give the much discussed philips downtown/uptown citiscapes a try. Currently (as of 4/29) on sale at Best Buy for $135 (uptown) and $90 (downtown), with a $10 credit for "internet purchases with in-store pick up" of over $100. Downtown's at $125 net (+tax) would meet your needs for sound isloation and mobility, and the frequency response is likely good for your musical taste. As a kicker, you could demo them in-store to make sure they sound O.K.. Also, the Citiscape has an in-line remote for phones, if that's important to you.

May 3, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #17 of 17
Does anyone know of sort sort of directory for places I could test some of these at? I'm on a trip to Massachusetts at the moment but I'll be back on Long Island around May 7th. When I get home I can check Best Buy, there is one in my town (Bladwin, NY).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back