Need closed headphones that have the best of MTPC(highs, mids) and V-Moda LP2(bass)? Any suggestions?
Mar 11, 2013 at 7:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

gen66

New Head-Fier
Hi everybody! :) I just got the V-Moda LP2 and I have to say that the bass is simply amazing, ground shaking, cinema like, exactly what I was searching for. On the other hand I have the MTPC where I just love the highs and the mids and the small details that they provide, they are simply amazing in that area. Unfortunately the LP2 fails a bit in Highs, Mids are so so but not as in the Copper Pro, The Coppers have a nice tight bass but it's far away from what the LP2 delivers. I know I shouldn't compare closed vs in-ear but still I'm doing it so you can get an idea of what I want. So, I guess I am searching for a closed headphones that can provide best of both worlds ? What currently is in my mind is something like V-Moda M-100 and Ultrasone pro-900. I’m just afraid that the M-100 wouldn’t have the same thumping bass effect as the LP2. About Ultrasone, I’m kind of clueless but I read really good reviews? And if by any chance you think that any In-ear monitors can have the same bass as LP2, please share their name ! :)

p.s.
Just one last small question....would any portable AMP actually improve any aspect of the LP2 sound, I am using sony mp3 player NWZ-A865?

PLEASE DELETE THREAD AS I MOVED MY QUESTION TO THE PROPER TOPIC in full-size-headphone-recommendations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back