Need closed back around $250
Apr 7, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #16 of 22
The classics are a bit over budget in Europe if you are looking for around 250 usd.
Too worried about the rough upper-mids texture I’m reading about them. I’m EXRTEMELY sensitive to that rough texture, it completely kills to enjoyement to me.

I bought another DT250 250 ohm from a few years back, I hope this pair will have the same bass as your pair did. DT250 also has a smooth upper-mid texture

If this pair doesn’t work out, I think I’ll get the Philips Fidelio L2. That heaphone, despite being bright, has such a smooth texture to it that I don’t mind that brightness.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2021 at 4:35 PM Post #18 of 22
Looked it up, too expensive. Thanks for recommind though.

Have you heard Meze 99?
he said used...used 5200s can be had for a nice price. I've owned em, and you can get em for $250 (last year, I sold mine for $275)...put the word out on the classies and roll the dice. There have been several on there lately.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2021 at 4:59 PM Post #19 of 22
I think the title is a bit misleading as the price given is 250 usd,and unless he has moved dakanao is in Europe.The denons unfortunately dont get the us low price in Europe,you dont see them under 300 euros.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2021 at 5:17 PM Post #20 of 22
he said used...used 5200s can be had for a nice price. I've owned em, and you can get em for $250 (last year, I sold mine for $275)...put the word out on the classies and roll the dice. There have been several on there lately.
Closest price I’ve seen is €300. I can save up for that, if they’re less resonant than the Meze 99 in the upper mids/lower treble, while having similar signature

Apr 7, 2021 at 5:24 PM Post #21 of 22
Closest price I’ve seen is €300. I can save up for that, if they’re less resonant than the Meze 99 in the upper mids/lower treble, while having similar signature
Actually in europe the sound signature you are looking for is difficult to find within your price range,new or used.
I havent heard them myself,but have you ever tried the akg k371s?Way under budget.

Apr 7, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #22 of 22
Actually in europe the sound signature you are looking for is difficult to find within your price range,new or used.
I havent heard them myself,but have you ever tried the akg k371s?Way under budget.
I’m not limited from buying in Europa, I can pay anywhere. It’s just those €250 D5200 I found, don’t ship to Europa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back