Need budget desktop solution under $200.

Which speakers are best?

• JBL LSR305

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sony SSCS5

• Polk TSI100

• Presonus Eris 4.5

• Klipsch R15M

• Edifier R1280T

• Edifier R1700BT

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 22, 2018 at 9:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

geniusmusicman

New Head-Fier
I'm currently looking for some new speakers, either passive or powered, between $100-$200 a pair for casual desktop use in a small bedroom. I will be using be it for music, movies, and games alike. I just want the best possible sound for my budget, no more. I would prefer new, but for the right speakers, I would consider used as well.

I currently own a set of Infinity SM65 bookshelf speakers and they are hooked up to a Sony STR-DE597 receiver as well as a Micca Origen G2 USB DAC/Amp and PC. The receiver is there just to connect the bookshelf speakers and the receiver is being outputed from the Origen DAC as I wasn't sure the DAC or the headphone amp in the receiver would be sufficient.

My system sounds absolutely great as it is, but I am always looking for better sound. I am just not sure I will get it at this price point. Powered speakers (or studio monitors) are what I want the most as I want to save space, but if bookshelves are the better option, I will go with that. Here are the questions I have regarding my current setup and possible new setup:

1. Has anyone heard the speakers I currently own and how would they compare to the current offerings out there within my budget?

2. Between these speakers, which would be better for my setup?
    • Sony SSCS5
    • Klipsch R15M
    • JBL LSR305
    • Polk TSI100
    • Presonus Eris 4.5
    • Edifier R1280T
    • Edifier R1700BT
  3. Should I just keep my current setup and add a subwoofer instead?
Thanks for any input provided

Users who are viewing this thread

Back