Need an excellent alternative can for electronic music($250 max)
Jan 16, 2007 at 10:08 PM Post #16 of 28
[size=small]Hey guys
tongue.gif
Thank you for your responses!=]
[/size]

Hey M0T0XGUY
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by M0T0XGUY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where did you find the 600's for 210? I'm on Amazon now and they're still 267 like they've been for a while.

If you scroll down on this page, you'll see a seller named Electronuus. He sells the hd600 for about $204, and asks a cheap $6.00~ for shipping.

Hey Dj3500
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj3500 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great you share your buying thoughts with others... Also, could you elaborate more on why the DT880 and not K601/701? Surely the bed listening isn't the only reason, especially as the size of DT880 earcup is only a tad smaller than that of the AKGs?

lol you bring up a good point. Honestly, I do not know as much about the k701 as I do the dt880. I DO know, however, that they make part of what is called the head-fi trio(dt880, hd650, and the k701), and are highly regarded and comparable to each other for neutral, accurate, and hi-end headphone listening. I've just been sold on the dt880 since the first days I landed on head-fi.org=] I can get the dt880 off ebay for about $230, and the k701 for $244 from NL&S. So it's really a toss up. If my dt770/80's earcups are any indication of the size of the dt880's earcups, then I feel a bit safer going with the dt880 for ergonomic reasons.

As far as the k601, from everything I've read, it's a good can, but not in the same league the k701 and the dt880 are. Also, it lacks the bass extension needed for electronica, according to ASR's review.

Hey Shigzeo
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=x-small]I am a trance-head at heart and have begun to like/love electronica as well as IDM/space music and my DT880 have shined through every genre. They are not slam-bass headphones, but go very low and very detailed. If you want to hear the beauty of electronica bass, mids, highs (the highs are beautifl - and until you have experienced the beautiful atmospheric highs in IDM/space and even trance, you have not experienced electronica through headphones).

I love them and if you can get them for that good of a price, you will enjoy. Are you by any chance going for the 2005 model or is it the 2002? They are both good and I have the 2002 model, beautiful.

Cheers[/size]

Beautiful description of them. You're one of the people who convinced me about the dt880 and electronica in my other thread, lol=] Everyone who has listened to electronica with the dt880's had positive things to mention about them.

I actually wanted the dt880'05/32 ohm version, since I bet it would be so good sounding, that I would love going outside with them on. But, alas, the cheapest version is the 250 ohm model. If I had to choose between the older 250 ohm model and the newer one, I would chose the former. According to this review, the older model has slightly more air and soundstage width--two things I'm looking for. The newer model is believed to have more bass weight, but, after coming from the dt770/80, I think my bass needs are tamed a bit=]

Jan 17, 2007 at 3:05 PM Post #17 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by denl82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Nickchen
tongue.gif
if you like listening to online radio, I'll recommend some stations that I love listening to: groovesalad on somafm.com, and buzzoutroom.com. I like buzzoutroom more for their music, but they've been seeming to have buffer problems during their streams lately, which causes the music to pause every now and then.

Thanks for the tips. Don't know buzzoutroom.com, I'll check that out. Groovesalad is a bit too conventional for my taste, but nice for unconcentrated listening situations.
cool.gif

My warmest congrats for the DT880. I know it quite well from a friend, this was the first time I got the impression that my 770s were somewhat a misinvestion.

Jan 17, 2007 at 3:23 PM Post #18 of 28
denl82, don't miss out the new DT880 (05), it comes with deeper bass than previous versions. Only you need to have an amp to drive it.

Jan 17, 2007 at 8:54 PM Post #19 of 28
Sup guys
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickchen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Groovesalad is a bit too conventional for my taste

k1000smile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickchen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My warmest congrats for the DT880. I know it quite well from a friend, this was the first time I got the impression that my 770s were somewhat a misinvestion.

Nice, I'm looking forward to them. I have high expectations for them, hope I'm not underwhelmed=]

--

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManAtWork /img/forum/go_quote.gif
denl82, don't miss out the new DT880 (05), it comes with deeper bass than previous versions. Only you need to have an amp to drive it.

Word, that's the one I'm getting=] Fortunately, I also have an amp...that pairs well with the dt880's! Yipee:p

Later=]

Jan 18, 2007 at 2:26 AM Post #21 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by TimmyMac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Might want to consider the Sony SA5000 if you can find a pair on the FS forum near your price range.

Thank you
tongue.gif
Today I learned that my motherboard manufacturer will not repair my motherboard(because I "mishandled" it), so I'm forced to go with something cheaper like the hd580 to buy a new motherboard.

Oh well, stupid lemons
biggrin.gif

Jan 18, 2007 at 2:35 AM Post #22 of 28
well with your motherboard breaking down, your DT770s breaking down, maybe you should save your money and get something cheaper
biggrin.gif
Maybe a K81DJ untill you get things fixed
biggrin.gif

Well you'd find the HD580 better then the AKGs coming from Beyer.......but depending on source, you might find it too shrill and not bassy enough (coming from a DT770). Though if you are just using a motherboard with it, it probably won't be shrill.

Jan 18, 2007 at 5:12 AM Post #23 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davesrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well with your motherboard breaking down, your DT770s breaking down, maybe you should save your money and get something cheaper
biggrin.gif
Maybe a K81DJ untill you get things fixed
biggrin.gif

Well you'd find the HD580 better then the AKGs coming from Beyer.......but depending on source, you might find it too shrill and not bassy enough (coming from a DT770). Though if you are just using a motherboard with it, it probably won't be shrill.

haha=] Well good news, I fixed my dt770's! I got on my knees and prayed(for a bunch of stuff including this), then got on my bed and started banging on the left earcup of the dt770, and voila! It started working again
biggrin.gif
A bonus too:the buzzing during basslines has receded a bit, so I can pump up the volume without hearing it as badly as I used to before.

Thank the Lord=]

Thanks for all your help guys, later!

Jan 18, 2007 at 5:27 AM Post #24 of 28
i haven't heard the dt770s but from what i've read on headfi (and i read a lot), i'm pretty sure the bass from these 2 cans isn't the same in quality, the 990s have a lower amount but higher quality/tighter bass.

also i listen to mainly electronica/trance and i love my 990s.

again just wanna emphasize i haven't heard the 770s and am just repeating what i've read so many times on these forums.

Jan 18, 2007 at 11:10 AM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by denl82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
haha=] Well good news, I fixed my dt770's! I got on my knees and prayed(for a bunch of stuff including this), then got on my bed and started banging on the left earcup of the dt770, and voila! It started working again
biggrin.gif

damn these miracles
icon10.gif

Jan 18, 2007 at 1:25 PM Post #26 of 28
Did you consider AT A900? It's in your price range and it's pretty fun can for your genre of music.

Jan 18, 2007 at 8:25 PM Post #27 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj3500 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
damn these miracles
icon10.gif

Word
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i haven't heard the dt770s but from what i've read on headfi (and i read a lot), i'm pretty sure the bass from these 2 cans isn't the same in quality, the 990s have a lower amount but higher quality/tighter bass.

also i listen to mainly electronica/trance and i love my 990s.

again just wanna emphasize i haven't heard the 770s and am just repeating what i've read so many times on these forums.

When I first came here, I learned that the dt990pro(2003) was the open version of the dt770pro(2003); being that, they shared the same qualities. However, You're definitely right about what you said, particularly if you're talking about the dt990'05. The dt990'05 has been compared to the Darth Beyers, which has tighter and higher quality bass than the dt770=]

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimmyMac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Might want to consider the Sony SA5000 if you can find a pair on the FS forum near your price range.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SK138 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you consider AT A900? It's in your price range and it's pretty fun can for your genre of music.

Well I fixed my dt770's, so I don't have to buy a new headphone for hopefully a few months
tongue.gif

Thanks for your responses guys, have a nice day!=]

Aug 8, 2009 at 7:52 AM Post #28 of 28
i dunno if i belong here but ive been having a hard time figuring out my genre..i thought it was close to tech but i dont think they contain much bass
I listen to some Unreal Tounament 3 music
Ocremix-Voices of the Lifestream
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Soundtrack
Echoes of War
Chrono Symphonic
do these have a similar genre or something..other than Game??
confused.gif

i own a pair of Akg 271s and i think they do quite well on these

Users who are viewing this thread

Back