Need amp suggestions for 5.5G iMod. Curent amp = E17
Nov 23, 2013 at 5:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

DR650SE

500+ Head-Fier
I just recently got my iMod back.  I was speaking with Vinnie of Red Wine Audio and he stated he wasn't a fan of Fiio amps, and suggested I looked into the Ray Samuels Audio amps.  But I also wanted to get some opinions here before I do anything.

I purchased the E17 not too long ago.  Got it used from a great forum member here when I first joined this site.  From my research it seemed like a great option entry level option.  Decent build quality, had an equalizer, and fit the 5.5G iMod well in terms of size.  It also had enough juice to push my Beyerdynamic DT 880 250ohm cans.  I do like a little boost in the treble, and thats what attracted me to the E17, but it is not a deal breaker.

Since my purchases (E17, DT 880s, iModding the iPod), I am hooked on this stuff.  Has anyone used the Ray Samuels Emmeline amps?  What amps do you suggest?

If you have an iMod, what amps do you prefer?  What do you like about your amp?  What do you not like about it?

I listen to everything from country music, to classical.  Rock, some rap, ect.

I don't really want to spend $1K on an amp, but would like all suggestions.

Thanks for helping out a n00b such as myself.  I really appreciate it.

Jan 3, 2014 at 6:53 AM Post #2 of 3
Bump, still looking for some suggestions on an amp that pairs well and makes the 5.5G iMod shine.  Any suggestions?

Jan 3, 2014 at 7:16 AM Post #3 of 3
I haven't heard the 5.5G iMod, but I've seen few users using Leckerton UHA-6S.MKII with them. I own one, as it probably is the best I've heard under $300. It has same amp section with UHA760, which cost over $400! Very neutral sound with great detail and liquid sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back