**Need amp/dac for Denon d2000**
Feb 12, 2012 at 1:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

MattTCG

Headphoneus Supremus
Okay, so I know there are lots of threads here about this very subject but there is some conflicting information and I can't seem to get the answer I'm looking for. So here is my situation:

I'm looking for a home amp/dac to connect to my desktop computer. Portability is not something that would mean much to me. I want something to sit on my desk and have a little heft to it so that will stay put. From what I've read here, solid state seems to play well with the denon series and I don't want to bother with tubes anyway...so I want something SS. 

I have a budget of about $200 and would be open to something used that is for sale here at head-fi if I can get more bang for the buck.  Also I keep reading about the fiio e17 which doesn't seem to be available for purchase. The price and feature set look very attractive to me but this is made to be portable, right? Is this something I should be looking at? I am willing to wait a bit for availability if so and it can be used in a stationary/home situation.

Thanks in advance for help...

Feb 12, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #2 of 9
The Objective 2 (desktop version) should be should be coming out in a month or two.

Feb 12, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #4 of 9
I've seen lots of info here about the o2...the desktop version sounds good. Do you know the price point?

Feb 12, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #5 of 9
Uhm, if you have a specific recommendation please include a link for a purchasing site. I'm still new to this and haven't made many audio purchases outside of amazon. 

thanks...

Feb 12, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #7 of 9

Quote:
I've seen lots of info here about the o2...the desktop version sounds good. Do you know the price point?

Currently the O2 (Objective 2) portable headphone amplifier sells for $155 and it's estimated that the desktop (AC powered) version will cost around $30 more.
You can build the portable O2 yourself for around $100 worth of parts.

Feb 12, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #8 of 9
The objective amp looks better and better than more that I read about it. It is an amp/dac combo right?

Feb 12, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #9 of 9

Quote:
The objective amp looks better and better than more that I read about it. It is an amp/dac combo right?

The Portable O2 does not come with a DAC, it's just a headphone amplifier.
But the new desktop version appears to to come with a USB input and a DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back