Need advise, upgrading my PA2V2
Aug 15, 2008 at 4:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Wire

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm using a PA2V2 with a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-AD500 and a Sennheiser HD 202 (for semi portable).

I want to upgrade my PA2V2 for a something better, I`m listening electronic, rock and alternative among other genres.

So, what would be a good upgrade since my budget is below $200? (I need portable)

I have this options so far: Headroom Total AirHead, XM4 and Leckerton Audio UHA-3

I will really apreciate your help.

Aug 15, 2008 at 5:11 AM Post #2 of 11
You could try looking for a Meier Corda XXS or headsix in the second hand section. I got my XXS for $170AUD.

Or something from iBasso could be worth looking at. Have a search in the amplifiers for sale section.

Aug 15, 2008 at 5:54 AM Post #3 of 11
This looks interesting;

PenguinAmp.com -

but I'm not sure how much of an 'upgrade' it would be.
dt880smile.png

I was on the hunt myself recently (for a another portable amp), and was dismayed to find all the "not in stock" notices from the different manufacturers. Being impatient I got something from ebay
ksc75smile.gif

cheers stephen

Aug 15, 2008 at 2:02 PM Post #6 of 11
anyone got any info/thoughts/experience with the USB DAC cable they have listed as accesories? Seems a neat solution, but not if its rubbish!

BT

Aug 15, 2008 at 7:41 PM Post #9 of 11
What's your source? For the budget you have, you can improve your sound more with better headphones provided your source can drive things.

Aug 15, 2008 at 10:36 PM Post #10 of 11
Anything from Meier Audio products would be a safe choice. If you can score an iBasso D1, that would be sweet. While USB/DAC capability is not necessary, it certainly is more versatile if you want to use a computer in the sound chain. Nowadays, choices are many. Determine what your objective is and laser in on the components that meet your needs. If you are unsure, purchasing a multiple-function device will add to your knowledgebase and eventually lead you to the best component for your particular needs.

Aug 19, 2008 at 11:18 PM Post #11 of 11
I went with Corda XXS...

I must say, what a great quality product! I will burn it, but so far so good, I´m very happy with the audio.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back