[Need advices] Optical line-out of Iriver H100 vs Line-out of 5.5th ipod?
Apr 19, 2011 at 6:14 AM Post #2 of 5
The optical output of the H100 is a digital output which requires a DAC with an optical input. The line out of an iPod is analog (imagine the headphone out but without any volume control). Only a couple of devices can get a digital signal out of an iPod, so you would normally be looking at a regular amp of some description. It might help if you tell us more about how you wish to use either, eg: at home or portably.

Apr 19, 2011 at 6:53 AM Post #3 of 5
Ah ok, i understood. I just saw a h100 at a local store. Can you belive that? It gathered dust there for almost 6 years and still works well now. I'm going to buy this but i know nothing about this old dap. May be i should replace the battery and the hard disk by a cf card.
At the moment, i just want a portable rig, and a home rig later (may be 3 or 4 years later). Can you suggest me any amp beside ibasso d10 and d12?

Apr 19, 2011 at 8:12 AM Post #4 of 5
And rockbox the iriver.  You can turn on/off the optical out through the menu in rockbox (I'm assuming its the same thing with the iriver firmware), I think its found in the general/playback menu and you'll find the optical output option towards the bottom of the list.  It's a nice player/recorder.  I've used my H180 to record concerts as well as a mp3 player.  Works like a champ. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back