Need advice on an alternative to Fidelio L2.
Mar 1, 2020 at 11:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

SinisterDev

100+ Head-Fier
Hello all. So, I've only recently gotten into the budget iem/headphone hobby. I actually haven't owned a pair of over-ear headphones in ages. Its long overdue.

So originally i was considering trying the SHP9500. But then i started reading about the Fidelio X2HR and was considering spending the extra $ for that instead. Then, while browsing Amazon, I found the Fidelio L2 for an incredibly low price! Cheaper than the SHP9500! So i picked them up.

I was pretty impressed with them at first, but after a good long listen last night, im considering returning them and trying something else. The best way i could describe my problem is similar to what many ppl experienced with the KZ S10 Pros. Impressed at first, but started to experience some serious ear fatigue from the treble that ruined the experience.
I picked up the ZSX and have been listening to them for months with 0 fatigue. Much like the ZS10Pro the Fidelio L2 is causing the same exact fatigue!

So I wanted to reach out to the Head-fi community for your knowledge and experience on headphones and, possibly recommend me a better pair of hi resolution headphones that won't fatigue the hell out of my ears. Preferably something in the $100-200 range. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Mar 4, 2020 at 4:57 AM Post #2 of 2
Im considering picking up the Drop x Sennheiser HD6XX. Seems like it might be the best bang for your buck purchase I could make. On the cheaper end, the Beyerdynamic DT990 are selling for a good price on Amazon and based on some descriptions I've read, i think i might enjoy them. I do seem to like a "fun" v-shaped sound. But i definitely wanna find something i can listen to for a couple hours at a time without experiencing that horrible, lasting fatigue.

I'd like to get something that sounds great out of the box. Reliable, easily driven with my smartphone, humble iBasso DC02 and Qobuz account, but also something I can progressively build on over time and really make come to life and wow my ears with a dedicated Amp/DAC when i can afford them. Can't do it all at once, my budget requires me to pace myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back