Need advice on amps for my ATH-A700s
May 15, 2012 at 4:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jamesva3

New Head-Fier
so im looking for a portable amp for my ath-a700s and slimmed the choices down to the PA2V2 or the Fiio E11, which should i get and why? also my headphones male audio connector has been extremely fussy and will not get full audio signal (if im still getting the full audio signal) unless i put the connector in just the right position (have tested on many different devices) , this annoying effect i noticed began with the appearance with a fairly long but shallow scratch on the 3.5mm connector, could this be what is causing the problem? im also considering using the amp i get for my IEMs. I will also be using the amp and headphones with my ipod touch 2g, with a fiio L9 LOD. thanks in advance

May 16, 2012 at 9:22 AM Post #3 of 5
id reccomend the E11 for portability and power to size ration. its very neutral (slight hint of warmth).

plus only bump 1 a day usually

May 16, 2012 at 9:37 AM Post #4 of 5
do you have any experience with the PA2V2? Also to make sure, an amplifier is essentially a portable sound card which makes audio more crisp and reduces distortion when volume is turned up am i correct? i dont want to get one if it just makes the volume louder...

May 16, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #5 of 5
well using an LOD will bypass the inferior amp of the ipod, which makes it sound better. it should help your headphones sound more controlled, as they get the power they need. and yes it will reduce distortion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back