Need advice on amp for Denon AH-D2000
Oct 26, 2008 at 4:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Majinwar

New Head-Fier
I'm going to be receiving my D2000's within a week or so, and I was wondering if it's worthwhile to grab an amp for them, even if it's a cheap amp?

I'm not even sure where to start searching for amps to use and that's why I'm asking here!

Also, can someone explain what this Amp / DAC is? I get what the amp does, but what about the DAC? Noob question, but I would love to be more educated in this area.

Oh, my budget is to spend as little as possible.. will be using them on an Audigy 2 ZS for music / games.

Thanks in advance!

Oct 26, 2008 at 6:33 AM Post #2 of 2
A good idea is to hit the Advanced Search link under the search button on the forums and search for "D2000" in thread titles as this has been asked often before.

A DAC is a Digital to Analog Converter. Though your sound card has one built in, it'll be pretty poor, so an external DAC can improve the sound considerably. What kind of connections does your sound card have on the back? Many DAC/HP amp combinations can be connected via USB but it's also handy if you have some kind of digital output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back