Need advice for greasy ear pads
Mar 12, 2021 at 5:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Azsampako

New Head-Fier
I've had my m50x for 2 years now. Although I clean the pads semi-regularly they are in terrible condition. They are incredibly greasy (they leave stains on whatever surface I leave them) and I cant even clean them properly. I've tried everything ranging from wet cloths to washing them in the sink with soap and water and nothing has worked. They always stay a bit greasy. Unlike the headband which is in ok condition and I had no problems cleaning it.
They were actually like that when I got them. Although they're made from seemingly the same material the headband was dryish while the ear pads remained slightly greasy.
I do have oily skin though. Have you got any tips for apart from cleaning with a wet cloth because that hasn't worked out for me. Any help is appreciated!

Mar 12, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #2 of 7
If they are that bad, I would highly recommend replacing them. Pads are not crazy expensive to replace for the M50x. If you haven't tried yet, use a solvent like alcohol or windex and see if that removes any of the grease.

Mar 12, 2021 at 12:37 PM Post #3 of 7
If they are that bad, I would highly recommend replacing them. Pads are not crazy expensive to replace for the M50x. If you haven't tried yet, use a solvent like alcohol or windex and see if that removes any of the grease.
I will replace them. I just don't want to also ruin the second set of pads. I will try cleaning them with alcohol!

Mar 12, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #4 of 7
Geekria earpads are the way to go to protect earpads.

Mar 12, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #5 of 7
Just get a set of Dekoni replacements and call it good. If the headband is still fine the previous owner was clearly the problem.

Mar 12, 2021 at 4:27 PM Post #7 of 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back