Need Advice: Dress Shoes for Interviews, Cost no Object
Dec 27, 2012 at 8:34 AM Post #62 of 113
My favorite dress shoes are Provare, but it's a small custom cobbler in Rome. I bought 2 pair while on vacation (black and brown), I think they were @200 Euro each, but they're the most comfortable dress shoes I own. I went in, was sized, chose the leather, and they did the rest. "This is style you buy, other is no good. You will trust me, I make shoes for 40 years!" LOL!

Dec 27, 2012 at 9:06 AM Post #63 of 113
Quote:
My favorite dress shoes are Provare, but it's a small custom cobbler in Rome. I bought 2 pair while on vacation (black and brown), I think they were @200 Euro each, but they're the most comfortable dress shoes I own. I went in, was sized, chose the leather, and they did the rest. "This is style you buy, other is no good. You will trust me, I make shoes for 40 years!" LOL!

Love that!

I stick with Allen Edmonds. They might as well be custom. I have been wearing them for 30 years and they fit so well right out of the box.

Dec 27, 2012 at 9:19 AM Post #64 of 113
Love that!

I stick with Allen Edmonds. They might as well be custom. I have been wearing them for 30 years and they fit so well right out of the box.

Yeah, he was a funny guy.

Really liking these from Allen Edmonds:

Dec 27, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #65 of 113
AE really nails the cap toe....

Dec 27, 2012 at 10:31 AM Post #67 of 113
Great look...I have not had good luck with Cole Haan for fit though...My Brother swears by them. AE's just fit me right.

Dec 28, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #68 of 113
I just love double monks!  I have a very similar pair (ferragamos), I find their leather to be a bit more pleasant than most AEs

Quote:
Yeah, he was a funny guy.
Really liking these from Allen Edmonds:

Dec 28, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #69 of 113
I'd buy them, but the wait is a month. :confused_face:

Jan 10, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #71 of 113
OP - did you get the job? just curious how it went.

Jan 11, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #73 of 113
I dont think anyone suggested that monkstraps weren't fashion-forward (except the OP, though I hope he didnt actually wear them to an interview)

Oxfords are very formal, great for an interview or party to be sure, but I never wear mine to work

Quote:
Saw the Allen Edmonds with the straps pic on here, hideous shoes. A pair of brown Oxfords, nothing over expensive unless you have a thing for fashion.

Jan 11, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #74 of 113
Saw the Allen Edmonds with the straps pic on here, hideous shoes. A pair of brown Oxfords, nothing over expensive unless you have a thing for fashion.

Part of the reason to buy shoes is fashion. :rolleyes: In fact, it's the most important reason, right after comfort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back