Need advice concerning HF5 vs. re262 vs. re0
Dec 21, 2011 at 2:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Wham City

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for a new pair of IEMs after my D2000's have regrettably (predictably) broken.  My last pair was the Ety er6i and I loved the mids, highs, clarity, and the way they presented vocals.  After having done some research I've narrowed it down to the HF5, re0, and re262.  My budget is around $100 so the re262 would be pushing it a bit.  Does anyone have any advice regarding these three?  I am also open to other suggestions.  I am looking for something with a much different sound than the D2000, not as much bass and better mids/vocals.  I loved the sound signature of the er6i, maybe with a little more bass.  Thanks for reading.

A few more things...

1. Really prefer cable down style

1. Will be used unamped out of ipod/phone/computer

1. Listen to all types of music but mainly electro (all types), indie, rock, that sort of thing

I guess the main question is, how much better (if at all) are the re262s than the HF5s?

Jan 4, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #2 of 3
bump

HF5s can be found for ~$95, re262s for ~$140.

Jan 4, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #3 of 3
Haha I am in the same boat as you in all aspects, like music style and wearing it down, no amp, etc. Regarding the RE 262s, all the research ive done points to avoiding them without an amp, so compared to the HF5s which were designed to be used without an amp, they will probably sound worse (although i have never heard them for myself). You also might want to consider the UE TF10s (im shying away from them because of their large size and comfort issues) and DB-02s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back