Need advice choosing best headphones ~70euro
Aug 2, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:
Thanks for your recommendation.
I am highly considering the HD681 EVO, however Thomann has an export fee of 20 euro which puts them at a 50 euro mark.
I have a question. Do I really need a sound card to drive these phones? Would it be a bad idea to buy first the phones and save for a new sound card?

The HD681 EVO will work plugged directly into the computer.
Most of the headphones on your list will work plugged directly into your computer.
(except the Superlux HD330, it's 150-Ohm).

So you can add a sound card next week or next month or next year.

Aug 2, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:
The HD681 EVO will work plugged directly into the computer.
Most of the headphones on your list will work plugged directly into your computer.
(except the Superlux HD330, it's 150-Ohm).

So you can add a sound card next week or next month or next year.

Ok I have only read good things about the superlux but do they live up to the reputation if you take the low price element? (50 euro from thomann; I can get senn 439 for the same price)
Also one point that seems common agreement is that the superlux 681 evo could be more confortable: Do they have a strong clamping force? Htat is a big downside for me as I wear glasses.
Thanks again for your reply.

Aug 2, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Ok I have only read good things about the superlux but do they live up to the reputation if you take the low price element? (50 euro from thomann; I can get senn 439 for the same price)
Also one point that seems common agreement is that the superlux 681 evo could be more confortable: Do they have a strong clamping force? Htat is a big downside for me as I wear glasses.
Thanks again for your reply.

Ask about the HD681 EVO here.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/670051/review-superlux-hd681-evo

Aug 2, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #19 of 23
Get the JVC HAS400. It is cheap and has great detail.

Aug 2, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

I can't find the takstar hd2000, but I have found the shp 5000 shp 4000 on amazon for 50 euro. How would you say they relate to the superlux 668b (form what I read here those are superior to the 661 which you compare to the takstar2000) senn hd 439/449 ( I am now leaning towards those cause I can get them at a local store thus more quickly than ordering)

about needing an amp, isn't a soundcard like the xonar dg enough?

Thanks for your reply.

EDIT: I just noticed I found the shp 4000 and not the 5000 as you suggested.

I don't own the HD668B, i can't compare them.
As far as i know both the EVO and the HA-S400 are good performers in their price range.

By the way... In which country do you want to buy the headphones? Maybe i can give you more alternatives to avoid extra costs.

Aug 2, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

I don't own the HD668B, i can't compare them to the HD2000.
As far as i know both the EVO and the HA-S400 are good performers in their price range.

By the way... Witch country do you want to buy the headphones? Maybe i can give you more alternatives to avoid extra costs.

I am in portugal. I just found a store that has superlux items and sent an email asking if they can get the 681 evo ( they seem to perform better than the 668b)
Also I found a new competitor the pioneer SE-A1000. According to the few threads on those here on headfi they are a strong contendor for the sub 100 king ( I can only get them if I use my whole budget though) 
Thanks for the help I apreciate it

Aug 2, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:
I am in portugal. I just found a store that has superlux items and sent an email asking if they can get the 681 evo ( they seem to perform better than the 668b)
Also I found a new competitor the pioneer SE-A1000. According to the few threads on those here on headfi they are a strong contendor for the sub 100 king ( I can only get them if I use my whole budget though) 
Thanks for the help I apreciate it

Here you go, Takstar HD2000 in camouflage:http://www.garageandstage.com/2/3071/Auscultadores-Stagg-SHP-5000H
Reviews:
http://clubtech.dn.ua/a97259-kratkij-obzor-kitajskih.html
http://xtreme-hardware.com/content.php?307

SE-A1000 is also a good choice.

Aug 2, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

wow you are the best :p
So those seem a good choice, and for now the cheapest one I can get. However you compared those to the superlux 661 which if I have understood everything correctly are not superior to the evo.
I plan on getting headphones this week and I am currently awaiting on some more feedback on the SE-A1000 ( I have found them in several stores the cheapest of which amounitng to 60 with post fees and I might even be able to find some cheaper somehow). From the feedback up until now they seem worth a good bit of consideration.
Thank you very much for your help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back