sennheiser HD 439
Sennheiser HD449
Superlux 668b
Superlux 330
Superlux 681 evo
JVC HA-RX900 /700
Audio Technica ath-m30
Sennheiser HD 518

First of all the cheaper the better. All of sennheiser are ususally way over my budget but I have found them for around 30euro less than the usual price which in case they really are worth it become "affordable"
Can anyone give me advice on which are better for listening to music and watching hd shows/anime on the pc?
Also are any of those useless without a soundcard?

Original post with more information on what I am looking for below

First of all I want to appologise for creating another one of these threads but I did'nt find any that I understand is in the same terms as mine

I am looking for a comfortable and flexible pair of cans to use on my PC.
I Don't have any kind of phone amplification device nor do I think I could afford one ( I am new to this but after reading some threads they seem to be expensive); Just a regular onboard soundcard (ok if you think this might do some difference and they're cheap I might be able to spare some money for one). 
Again I am a newbie and don't know if in tese terms I could be looking for anything that could be regarded as audiophile gear (or even if thats at all possible to achieve... :frowning2: ) but I do enjoy listening to the music just right.
That said, I'll be using them for listening to a wide range of music with emphasis on Rock/Metal and Blues/Jazz. I am not a basshead but I enjoy listenning to the bass when it is supposed to be heard.
I will also be using them a lot to watch anime, and hd shows.
Gaming will also be a task I'll need them to perform but I'll preoritize having quality in the afforementioned tasks.
I also like the ideia that I could switch to my phone and listen on the go but that isn't too importatnt.
Oh and Since I plan (more like want to but moneywise things aint so great:p) on getting an hi-fi setup extra points if they can handle that sort of thing (I realize this might be difficult so I wont worry too much)

As for a budget on the pair of headphones It's around 50euro, but since I am looking for the best quality for the price I can stretch a bit if its worth it (or go lower if possible)
I am still debating whether I should spend the extra cash on a sound card or not and was hoping someone could enlighten me on the matter.

I have found sennheiser hd449 for 70 euro (usually run 100 euro) but that would be a fair bit to add to my initial budget. 
Would these be worth it? Are they're relatives, the 439 (which I can get "cheap" too), a better option?
Or are there any other options I should look into?

Jul 24, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #2 of 23
Look some AKG K240s on ebay, they will sound good right out of your computer and your phone, they will also benefit when you upgrade your source.  They match your price range.

Jul 24, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #4 of 23
Jul 24, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #5 of 23
Yeah I saw that but they're used... plus shipping costs would probably nullify the gainings from winning a bid :S  (It says shipping costs 22 euro)
Maybe I can't afford being to picky with a budget so small :X

EDIT: After a quicksearch it seems that shipping costs rn from 20 to 50 euro wch pretty much renders ebay useless to me :S
Edit 2: found this http://www.ebay.com/itm/AKG-K240S-Professional-Studio-Headphones-K240-Studio-Free-Amp-/130944203446?pt=US_DJ_Monitoring_Headphones&hash=item1e7ce1fab6
Would the amp supplied deem it a good deal? (They're still out of my budget but if they're really really worth it I can try and stretch my budget. Not to easily though):S

Jul 24, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #6 of 23
That amp is worthless IMO, the k240s are easy enough to drive that they would sound better coming right out of your PC or phone than they would with all the possible interference that "amp" could cause. That thing is used so you can have four headphones all playing the same thing at once rather than it amplifying one pair of cans.
Edit: Maybe looking for something on the forsale forum would be a good idea.

Jul 27, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #7 of 23
Quote:
That amp is worthless IMO, the k240s are easy enough to drive that they would sound better coming right out of your PC or phone than they would with all the possible interference that "amp" could cause. That thing is used so you can have four headphones all playing the same thing at once rather than it amplifying one pair of cans.
Edit: Maybe looking for something on the forsale forum would be a good idea.

For Sale Section doesn't have anything up to date on the AKG k240, and I find it hard that I'd find a more competitive price than those 90 shipped (everywhere else seems to be 120~).

I found out about the audio technica ath-m30. They seem to run around 60 euro so might be able to order a pair if they are worth it. Anyone got any thoughts on these? Should I keep loking?

Jul 31, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #9 of 23
Bumping this thread. PLease I'd appreciate the littlest of feedbacks.
I have found some headphones that seem to be available to me (for example with no ludicrous transport fees)
sennheiser HD 439
Sennheiser HD449
Superlux 668b
Superlux 330
Superlux 681 evo
JVC HA-RX900 /700
Audio Technica ath-m30

Would like help choosing which would be better suited for a flexible use on pc.
Also, if you know of any under ~70euro/~100$ headphones that excell those ones, please feel free to make a reccomendation.
Thank you in advance.

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #11 of 23
I can't find the takstar hd2000, but I have found the shp 5000  shp 4000 on amazon for 50 euro. How would you say they relate to the superlux 668b (form what I read here those are superior to the 661 which you compare to the takstar2000) senn hd 439/449 ( I am now leaning towards those cause I can get them at a local store thus more quickly than ordering) 

about needing an amp, isn't a soundcard like the xonar dg enough?

Thanks for your reply.

EDIT: I just noticed I found the shp 4000 and not the 5000 as you suggested.

Aug 1, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #12 of 23
If you could be talked up to 75 euros, you could start looking at real headphones, like the Sennheiser HD280.

EDIT: But the HD280's are a bit clampy. For twice the cash the HD380's are stellar and compfy too. You get what you pay for.

Aug 1, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #13 of 23
Quote:
If you could be talked up to 75 euros, you could start looking at real headphones, like the Sennheiser HD280.

EDIT: But the HD280's are a bit clampy. For twice the cash the HD380's are stellar and compfy too. You get what you pay for.

Not really. 70 is already stretching my budget.
I entered here not knowing how useles it is to be picky at this budget level but oh well figured I might as well try to get the best "bang for buck". 
The fact that I seem to be willing to spend more is that I am not excluding the possibility of waiting a month or two. But I wanteed to get a pair by this month.
Also I don't own any kind of audiophile equipment to drive expensive headphones right.
I am sry If I have wasted anyones time , I jus wanted some opinions since I discovered there's so much besides sennheiser after discovering this forum 

Aug 1, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #14 of 23
Quote:

Not really. 70 is already stretching my budget.
I entered here not knowing how useless it is to be picky at this budget level but oh well figured I might as well try to get the best "bang for buck". 
The fact that I seem to be willing to spend more is that I am not excluding the possibility of waiting a month or two. But I wanted to get a pair by this month.
Also I don't own any kind of audiophile equipment to drive expensive headphones right.
I am sry If I have wasted anyones time , I just wanted some opinions since I discovered there's so much besides Sennheiser after discovering this forum 

My two cents and best guess.

Superlux HD681 EVO, good prices (27 Euro) at Thomann website
Asus Xonar DG (PCI) sound card, euro??

Aug 2, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #15 of 23
Quote:
My two cents and best guess.

Superlux HD681 EVO, good prices (27 Euro) at Thomann website
Asus Xonar DG (PCI) sound card, euro??

Thanks for your recomendation.
I am highly considering the h681 evo, however thomann has an export fee of 20 euro which puts them at a 50 euro mark.
I have a question. Do I really need a soundcard to drive these phones? Would it be a bad idea to buy first the phones and save for a new soundcard?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back