Need adapter and extention cord for Audio Technica ATH-AD700
Jun 30, 2011 at 5:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

jedipastor

New Head-Fier
Hey gang.  I just bought my first set of "real" cans.  Decided to go cheap based on recomendations here, so I got the Audio Technica ATH-AD700 Open-air Dynamic Audiophile Headphones.  I love them with my laptop and iPod, but am having issues related to my stereo.  

1)  I lost the threaded 6.3mm adapter that came with it.  I'm using a generic adapter (non-threaded) and am only getting MONO sound (meaning only the left earphone puts out sound) out of my Pioneer Elite VSX-21TXH.  I'm hoping that the adapter is the issue, and I'm having AT send me another ... has anyone ever heard of something like this?  The phones work fine with my computer and iPod.

2)  The cable on these is just not quite long enough.  I'm looking for recommendations on an extention cable.

3)  The best answer I've found for #2 is the Grado 15' extention for about $40 or Mogami Gold 10' for $56.  If there is a cheaper answer for #2, great.  If not, I'm wondering if I'd be better off actually recableing the phones to a better and longer cable ... thoughts?  I've never done something like this and don't really know what it entails.

Thanks folks.  And yes, noob here, so assume I know nothing, lol, because other than the couple dozen threads I've read hear, I pretty much do :)

Jul 6, 2011 at 7:08 PM Post #3 of 3
1.)  You got a faulty adapter, assuming that nothing is wrong with your Pioneer receiver's headphone output.

2./3.)  Whatever works.  =]  Either of those is good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back