very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 1, 2005 at 3:23 AM Post #17 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
Mine has a movado movement also.....
very_evil_smiley.gif

oh no good then
blink.gif
Only had mine for 8 months now and nothing happened so far. Didn't really look at other people's experience with them since I got a decent deal on my watch for x-mas through work. Otherwise I would have done a little bit more research.

Aug 1, 2005 at 3:42 AM Post #18 of 32
Aug 1, 2005 at 4:08 AM Post #19 of 32
P953974.jpg

I prefer strap watches to metal bands. I also have VERY skinny wrists (6'0", 125 lbs), and this watch fits me great. I know you said you don't like gold, but it's a handsome watch in person that's not too flashy, and it goes with pretty much anything.

EDIT- link here.

Aug 1, 2005 at 4:44 AM Post #20 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by radrd
I haven't been wearing a watch for a while and quite frankly, I don't want to start. However, I'm going on a business trip for a week and I'd be a fool not to have a watch and it needs to be something that will look fine with casual business attire (slacks, tie, suit optional). I wouldn't mind it looking good with jeans too, but really I just need it for work. The only problem is that I have skinny wrists, so most watches look pretty clunky. I'm not spending over $200. I don't really like gold, so silver is preferable.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

TIssot Desires are elegant classically styled watches in medium size (36mm) .... none of those ridiculous oversized diver styling

Aug 1, 2005 at 5:47 AM Post #21 of 32
I really like my citizen eco-drive. They make all kinds of styles, I think they start around the $130 mark. Costco caries them sometimes you can land a decent deal that way.

Garrett

Aug 1, 2005 at 11:29 AM Post #25 of 32
Another point, I was an automatic watch user for a long time, from Seiko, Citizen to Orient, and from Russian watches to Swiss ones, including an old Rolex, IMO all of the automatic watches suck, very good piece of machinary but period. All of the ones I had were not accurate in most of the cases, and you need to readjust them every once in a while, I took them to every place possible to readjust them, and in all cases I was told the same, if you are an accuracy obssesed guy, just convert to Quartz, at the begining I refused the idea, guys, but finally did it some time ago, and bingo, no more adjustments....right time at the righ moment, maybe not the most expensive watches, but they are a lot more accurate, even the cheap ones.....if you can't spend a fortune on them, stay away of automatic watches....

Aug 1, 2005 at 11:47 AM Post #26 of 32
I just bought one of these (Citizen Eco-Drive):
BL8007-04AT.jpg

From here: http://www.chronograph.com/store/mli...idproduct=1733
Admittingly, the watch probably won't look quite as good in reality because they used some warm lighting for that picture. Should be still neat though.

This particular model is "Calibre 8700"

More colours and different pricings can be found here

The Chronograph.com site sells it for $205 including shipping worldwide. There are also quite a lot of Ebay offerings on this watch.

Aug 1, 2005 at 12:02 PM Post #27 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda
I just bought one of these (Citizen Eco-Drive):

That's a beautiful watch!

Aug 1, 2005 at 1:38 PM Post #28 of 32
I don't get why you'd spend $200 on a watch you're only going to use for a week. You can get a perfectly good watch for $25 for such an occasion. Unless you plan on using it after that week too I'd get me a cheapy if I were you.

saint.panda,
Really nice watch!
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 1, 2005 at 2:00 PM Post #29 of 32
Aug 1, 2005 at 3:54 PM Post #30 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa
I don't get why you'd spend $200 on a watch you're only going to use for a week. You can get a perfectly good watch for $25 for such an occasion. Unless you plan on using it after that week too I'd get me a cheapy if I were you.

saint.panda,
Really nice watch!
smily_headphones1.gif

I got this for $5 at Target (or was it walmart?).

401268_370_full.jpg

heres my eco drive. It looks better in person, my photography skills suck

401268_372_full.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back