Need a Watch $200 budget
Aug 1, 2005 at 12:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

radrd

Found that torchiere lamps induce nicotine addiction in moths.
I haven't been wearing a watch for a while and quite frankly, I don't want to start. However, I'm going on a business trip for a week and I'd be a fool not to have a watch and it needs to be something that will look fine with casual business attire (slacks, tie, suit optional). I wouldn't mind it looking good with jeans too, but really I just need it for work. The only problem is that I have skinny wrists, so most watches look pretty clunky. I'm not spending over $200. I don't really like gold, so silver is preferable.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Aug 1, 2005 at 1:13 AM Post #2 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by radrd
I haven't been wearing a watch for a while and quite frankly, I don't want to start. However, I'm going on a business trip for a week and I'd be a fool not to have a watch and it needs to be something that will look fine with casual business attire (slacks, tie, suit optional). I wouldn't mind it looking good with jeans too, but really I just need it for work. The only problem is that I have skinny wrists, so most watches look pretty clunky. I'm not spending over $200. I don't really like gold, so silver is preferable.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

I know a lot of people say that swiss watches are the best, but japan seems to be making all the advances at the moment.. I say get a citizen eco-tech watch of your choice.

Aug 1, 2005 at 1:24 AM Post #3 of 32
I picked up a Wenger Alpine (Swiss made) very good for around 70.00 in TJ maxx, waterproff up to 200m, all stainless steel, and mineral glass, very solid, give them a visit, sometimes they have really good stuff there...

WengerAlpineDiver70179-1.jpg

Aug 1, 2005 at 1:46 AM Post #5 of 32
I like the Fossil watches. They are built to last, and suprisingly they keep good time for the price.

I'm a college student though, so Fossil kinda "matches" my age. That's something to consider, maybe.
tongue.gif

Aug 1, 2005 at 1:52 AM Post #6 of 32
it isn't that swiss watches are the best...iin terms of being accurate, they're the worst. Losing 2-3 sec. a day is really unheard of with any other watch. But swiss watches are more like pieces of art, with their movements. Even then watches like my PAM005 has a really simple unitas movement...one that's not even really worth talking about compared to other movements.
1112198178319_foto_index.jpg

But its beautiful... :p
damn, I sold my brown strap...in that picture it looks so beautiful...

Aug 1, 2005 at 2:17 AM Post #7 of 32
I have a Croton submariner replica with a 25 jewel movement. 150 bucks.

i will always wear a Croton....for the quality and the build.

I'll get a nicer watch later....but I'll alway recomend a Croton.

You'll be extrememly impressed with it.....I have extremely good taste and I was.

This is very similar, but my band is different.

ebay link for picture and specs.

Aug 1, 2005 at 2:23 AM Post #8 of 32
I am a jeweler and am wearing this ESQ Diamond Watch - always have to wear a suit at work and works pretty nicely with jeans.
07300905.jpg

It's listed at 325 but through my work discount it comes out to about $225. Shoot me a pm if you like it and I see if I can secure that price again.
cool.gif

Aug 1, 2005 at 2:28 AM Post #9 of 32
If you don't like the diamonds then maybe something like this would work
AR0216.jpg

Bought this watch before I worked at a jeweler, and got it for almost 300 Euros back in the days when it was new. Now they sell it in the US and I think I saw it for $199 at watch hut or some store like that
blink.gif

Aug 1, 2005 at 3:09 AM Post #14 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Claus1100xx
Even better - deal hunters
biggrin.gif

It's a cool watch, because it has a curved housing so it lays pretty flat on your wrist. Plus Movado bought them so you get their movement in a cheap watch.

The last ESQ I had lasted less than a Casio and while send it for repair they quoted an stupid amount of $169.00 to be fixed (the whole watch cost less than that in BJ's, that is why I called this quote stupid) Please stay away of those...BTW I have it still laying around.....broken of course...

Aug 1, 2005 at 3:16 AM Post #15 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
The last ESQ I had lasted less than a Casio and while send it for repair they quoted an stupid amount of $169.00 to be fixed (the whole watch cost less than that in BJ's, that is why I called this quote stupid) Please stay away of those...BTW I have it still laying around.....broken of course...

well that's why they went bankrupt and got picked up by movado. Not saying that Movados are quality watches for their hefty price tags either, but ESQs with movado movements are a steal right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back