NEED A TRITTON GAMING HEADSET EXPERT
Oct 11, 2012 at 10:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ONRBEAST

New Head-Fier
i'm looking to upgrade my turtle beach x11's and  i'm looking at getting the tritton ax pro or the tritton 720

1st question is what one is better its only for playing cod and i want the best one for hearing foot steps and directional awarness.
i don't mind about music quality ect  just about hearing them footsteps and locating them.

also i've read up a little and both sets have been updated now the 720 is 720+ and ax pro is tritton pro+ whats the difference between the older and new models is there a sound difference or is it just that the headset cosmetics have changed

ill be using it on the xbox and im open to suggestions of a different surround sound set but only have around £130 to spend.

cheers

Oct 11, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #2 of 8
The new + models are just performance bumps, slight upgrades. Still worthwhile though, unless you can get the older models at a good street price. However, if you don't need the mic, I would recommend buying open-backed headphones instead of a headset. Some suggestions:

Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro - Decent soundstage, strong bass
Grado SR125i - Decent soundstage, nice for music too
Sennheiser HD 598 - A bit bass-lacking, but great soundstage

So why the headphones vs the headset? Sound placement. You wanna hear the footsteps? Get a good pair of open-back headphones. I know I didn't help on the Trittons much, but that's my recommendation. The Trittons would still be a good choice, I used to own a pair myself.

Oct 11, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #3 of 8
ok sweet.

so are the hd598 surround sound. like the tritton ones i mentioned or are they just stero like my turtle beach 11's

because i couldn't afford to buy a mix amp on top off the headphones. the reviews are good tho and i don't mind not having a mic.

also i have read the descriptions of the old trittons the + ones seem to just have been tweaked for comfort so for example the ear pads can swivel instead of been fixed

can you confirm this or do you think the sound quality would be different

cheers for the help

Oct 11, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #4 of 8
If you can't afford an Astro Mixamp or any other Dolby Headphone processor, then all you'd get is stereo.

Going by the Mad Lust Envy gaming headphone guide (which you should read, by the way), the Tritton AX720 is a decent headset. Nothing spectacular, but what you can do is keep the decoder box (which is the really important part, being Tritton's Mixamp of sorts) and upgrade to a better headphone later. Just avoid the AX Pro like the plague!

However, it seems like you want a competitive gaming headphone, and music is a distant second concern, in which case the Audio-Technica AD700 is right up your alley. I don't know what the pricing is like in the UK, but it's frequently below US$90 on this side of the Atlantic, making it relatively affordable.

Oct 12, 2012 at 10:32 AM Post #5 of 8
cheers for the help guys

i just read that review page.

i would really like the a700 headphones and the astro mix amp but cant afford them both as its about £160  so im just going to buy the tritton ax720+ the 2012 edition. then when i have more money just buy better headphones for the decoder.

thanks for the help

Oct 12, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:
cheers for the help guys

i just read that review page.

i would really like the a700 headphones and the astro mix amp but cant afford them both as its about £160  so im just going to buy the tritton ax720+ the 2012 edition. then when i have more money just buy better headphones for the decoder.

thanks for the help

Well really quick are you gaming on PC then? You can get a decent soundcard for your pc instead of getting the mixamp. If you are on an xbox or ps3 its different though. 

Oct 12, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:
no i'm on xbox mate

Well this is a bit tough then. The mixamp is nice with some headphones from mad lusts list, but if you want the headphones first then I guess maybe you should go with the Trittons. I have always liked the astros out of the big 3 "gaming" headsets but dont like any of them more then a good set of headphones. I think the 720+ is a good pick if you are wanting to stay at your price range. They should be better then the turtlebeachs atleast. I HATE turtlebeach headphones. Their wireless signals are crap. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back