Need a tighter Y-Splitter than Qables version...anyone know where?
Feb 19, 2009 at 12:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Good Times

Member of the Trade: Krispy Kables
I’ve used a Qables y-splitter for an RCA interconnect, but found that since the cable is split, it really isn’t the best. It’s 6.5mm at the single end which is a perfect fit, but 6.5mm at the split ends (and really only needs to be like 3mm).

Has anyone found a supplier for those flexible plastic/rubber splitters you see on QED cables for example? Something like that looks great but I’ve never been able to find a stockist……

Or any other suggestions? I'm just after a neater look.

Feb 19, 2009 at 3:48 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Good Times /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I’ve used a Qables y-splitter for an RCA interconnect, but found that since the cable is split, it really isn’t the best. It’s 6.5mm at the single end which is a perfect fit, but 6.5mm at the split ends (and really only needs to be like 3mm).

Has anyone found a supplier for those flexible plastic/rubber splitters you see on QED cables for example? Something like that looks great but I’ve never been able to find a stockist……

Or any other suggestions? I'm just after a neater look.

you do know thers a 5mm version too right?? but yeah I second the barrel plus heatshrink method; also some of the springs you get given as strain relief work well too with heatshrink also

Feb 19, 2009 at 4:18 AM Post #6 of 10
Brad, that's EXACTLY what I was thinking but didn't know what it was called. Pants - ha, nice. Do you need a touch of glue when using them, or do they hold tight by themselves?

Feb 19, 2009 at 5:08 AM Post #8 of 10
Feb 19, 2009 at 1:35 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by gore.rubicon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you tried using barrels? and tight heatshrink?

When you say barrels, I'm not sure I understand what you mean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back