Need a sound card for under $125 and some help with what to do with my PC setup
Jun 9, 2010 at 7:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

garchomp

New Head-Fier
Right now I'm using an Audigy 2 ZS and Audio Technica AD700s, I will use this sound card for gaming, music, and movies.

I don't know what I should do with my setup when I get this sound card. Currently, I have Logitech z-5300 speakers hooked directly to the sound card and plug my headphones into them, but I want to change this when I get my new sound card, since I am losing audio quality. I also have my Xbox and cable box connected to the sound card's input and I like to use speakers for the Xbox instead of headphones. Is there a way to use the headphones and speakers together other than I have it now? I also really like the volume control knob on the speakers, is there something similar I could get for my headphones?

Jun 10, 2010 at 5:15 AM Post #5 of 16
The Xonar use cmedia oxygen HD chip and the Auzen Prelude uses X-Fi chip with EAX 5, if you argue something else, it might be different but for gaming, I think a lot will agree that the Prelude is better.

Jun 10, 2010 at 11:19 AM Post #7 of 16
Quote:
Is that a joke?  The Prelude is considered one of the best gaming cards out right now.

This.  Heavy gaming?  Grab an Auzentech.

Jun 10, 2010 at 12:55 PM Post #9 of 16

Quote:
Is that a joke?  The Prelude is considered one of the best gaming cards out right now.

I know, but im considering the small bugdet of the OP. 
And i dont know you, but im a gamer and asus have great soundcards. Like the Essence ST/STX, Xonar D2/D2X 

I do respect your oppinion. 

Jun 10, 2010 at 2:05 PM Post #10 of 16
I know exactly what ASUS has and what they don't.
The Auzencards have better support for gaming routines.  If he has a limited budget then prehaps a used X-Fi might be a better option.
All those cards you mentioned would be out of his price range anyway if budget was a concern.

Jun 10, 2010 at 3:18 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by classakg /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know, but im considering the small budget of the OP. 
And i dont know you, but im a gamer and asus have great soundcards. Like the Essence ST/STX, Xonar D2/D2X 

I do respect your oppinion. 

These two things do not belong together.  <_<

Jun 10, 2010 at 5:13 PM Post #14 of 16

Users who are viewing this thread

Back