Need a solid entry-level amp on a budget...
Mar 22, 2010 at 12:10 AM Post #16 of 22
so I've narrowed it down to either the Hifiman EF2 or a Nuforce uDac and Little Dot I+ or the iBasso D10 Cobra... am I on the right track here?

Mar 22, 2010 at 1:34 AM Post #18 of 22
Your dollar stretches much further by looking at used gear ( a good combo dac/amp is possible for 200 and change) so keep that in mind as well.

Peete.

Mar 22, 2010 at 1:53 AM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pricklely Peete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your dollar stretches much further by looking at used gear ( a good combo dac/amp is possible for 200 and change) so keep that in mind as well.

Peete.

I need one also, what is a decent one about $300.00

Mar 22, 2010 at 2:46 AM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunalraiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I need one also, what is a decent one about $300.00

Some/most of the stuff in this thread already mentioned if found in the FS forum or elsewhere are all good suggestions.

A used A-gd Compass or A-gd FUN (if there are any out there) is certainly among the others already mentioned worthy of a look.

A second hand Jaycar KHA is another decent head amp but you'll need a dac for it. Another good option is finding a cheap used amp and a separate dac. It can be done for 300 but it'll take some digging. Some of the vintage DACs are now a bargain that still put most of the new entry level and some expensive stuff to shame.

Peete.

EDIT: check this out http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f42/fs...ac-psu-467639/

Mar 22, 2010 at 11:49 AM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pricklely Peete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some/most of the stuff in this thread already mentioned if found in the FS forum or elsewhere are all good suggestions.

A used A-gd Compass or A-gd FUN (if there are any out there) is certainly among the others already mentioned worthy of a look.

A second hand Jaycar KHA is another decent head amp but you'll need a dac for it. Another good option is finding a cheap used amp and a separate dac. It can be done for 300 but it'll take some digging. Some of the vintage DACs are now a bargain that still put most of the new entry level and some expensive stuff to shame.

Peete.

EDIT: check this out http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f42/fs...ac-psu-467639/

x2. Listen to this man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back