Need a replacement for my Super.Fi 5vi
Jun 12, 2009 at 9:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

DontMakeMEEatU

New Head-Fier
I've had the SF5 since Black Friday and loved the sounds of it. However, my only concern with it is all the sound the cable makes when I fiddle with it or move around. There's a word for this but I forgot what it was
biggrin.gif

So anyway, since I'm going to be getting a Cowon S9 soon, I might as well get some new headphones
ksc75smile.gif
Looking for something around $200 and from my brief search of these forums, it seems like my options are the X10, SA6, and IE7 (though I'm sure I'm missing some). I listen to mostly rock, but also have A LOT of trance/techno and hip-hip. If possible, try to compare them to the SF5 since that's all I have for reference (ie more/less bass than the SF5, etc). What should I get?

Or am I just wasting money because I'm basically spending $200 for a different cable?
biggrin.gif

Jun 12, 2009 at 9:36 AM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by DontMakeMEEatU /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had the SF5 since Black Friday and loved the sounds of it. However, my only concern with it is all the sound the cable makes when I fiddle with it or move around. There's a word for this but I forgot what it was
biggrin.gif

Its microphonics
wink_face.gif

Jun 12, 2009 at 9:46 AM Post #3 of 8
Try this: push the cable guide all the way up so the cable over your ears will hold firm (assuming you are wearing them over-the-ear already).

Jun 12, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #7 of 8
Im sure Sennheiser's 3 top of the line IEMs (IE6, 7, and 8) have very little, possibly no, microphonics at all!

add a little bit more to your budget and get the IE8! "sorry for your wallet" as they would say.. ^^

Jun 12, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #8 of 8
Im sure Sennheiser's 3 top of the line IEMs (IE6, 7, and 8) have very little, possibly no, microphonics at all!

add a little bit more to your budget and get the IE8! "sorry for your wallet" as they would say.. ^^
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back