Need a replacement for my dt 770 pro
Mar 30, 2014 at 3:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Dynos

New Head-Fier
after 1 year of use, my dt 770 kinda broke on the both sides and its nearly impossible to get replacements parts in my country, contacted beyer and they forwarded me to guys who dont even have the parts avaible atm, so I have to wait for months or get a new pair. Im really disappointed with the build quality of dt 770 pro. But other than build quality, they are really nice for me.

so what  similar sounding and similar price headphones should I buy?
I dont want another phones that have parts like these, I havnt sat on them or anything, just normal use
I know about ath m50 and ATH-PRO700 MK2 are those the only options?

Mar 30, 2014 at 3:29 AM Post #2 of 8
SRH840. Warm V-shaped sound, but pretty clear with accurate soundstage. Built tough; good isolation; very good accessories. The only negative is the heavy headband, which you can mod using an HD6x0 foam insert. (Search for photo sets.) Best luck!

Mar 30, 2014 at 3:39 AM Post #5 of 8
  How did it break? Kinda strange how rugged studio gear breaks like that from normal use. (I guess people's definition of normal differs greatly)

those particular parts are made of ******* ****ty plastic, not durable at all.

Claritas
I forgot to mention that I also use them for gaming, I know dt aint best for pinpoint accuracy but are those shures you mentioned worse or better for gaming than dt?

Mar 30, 2014 at 3:42 AM Post #6 of 8
But how? did you drop them or something? They can't break from holding it in your hands/on your head, can they?
I did see other people's DT770's break on that same spot, so it does seem to be the weak point in the design. Beyer should've just made those parts out of metal like the hinges.

Mar 30, 2014 at 3:44 AM Post #7 of 8
  But how? did you drop them or something? They can't break from holding it in your hands/on your head, can they?
I did see other people's DT770's break on that same spot, so it does seem to be the weak point in the design. Beyer should've just made those parts out of metal like the hinges.

just normal use. I guess they dont like being removed in and out of the head too much, one day I just noticed cracks on both sides and soon they started to crumble like bread, really soft plastic. And ofcourse I have dropped them few times but I dont sit really high so its just small drop

Mar 30, 2014 at 4:20 AM Post #8 of 8
Claritas
I forgot to mention that I also use them for gaming, I know dt aint best for pinpoint accuracy but are those shures you mentioned worse or better for gaming than dt?

I don't know because I don't play but soundstage is impressive on the Shures, better than DT770. DT770 has more sense of depth but 840 is more accurate. These judgements pertain to music: I don't know how they would translate to a game world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back