Need a remote control to control PC from listening chair.
Mar 6, 2010 at 9:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Whyifide

New Head-Fier
Hey there, I was wondering where or if I could get a remote control to control my music on my computer while sitting on the couch. If I could, that'd be great. Thanks!

Mar 6, 2010 at 11:08 PM Post #2 of 9
I think there might be a number of ways to do this. Since I'm a mac guy, I looked no further than Apple's free remote app for the iPhone (also works on iPod touch). It works very well and it cost me zero since I already had the phone. Hopefully others will chime in with other options.

Mar 7, 2010 at 1:32 AM Post #6 of 9
i have a microsoft 8000 keyboard i use to control the comp [bluetooth] a mouse can easily be used too, mobile phone or the very expensive logitech remote mouse!
logitech-air-mouse.jpg

Mar 7, 2010 at 3:15 AM Post #7 of 9
GMote, if you're in the market for a new phone. Very useful.

Quote:

Gmote turns Android-based phones into a remote control for a computer, allowing users to run movies and music at a distance. It supports all of the standard remote control features such as play, pause, rewind, volume controls etc. It also has a built-in file browser that lets you select what to play, as well as open PDF, Powerpoint, or image files.

Mar 7, 2010 at 4:23 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusEx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
GMote, if you're in the market for a new phone. Very useful.

Ah yes. That was the other one I was thinking of. A friend of mine uses that and he loves it.

Mar 7, 2010 at 6:40 AM Post #9 of 9
Are any of these solutions a perfect fit for Foobar 2000, in particular v 1.0 with the Columns UI? I've tried some of the PC remotes -- even one for which there is (an old) FB2K plugin, the ATI Wonder -- and they are not perfect (far from it).

Al4x -- that Logitech Mouse looks kewl, will check that out. I tried a cheaper wireless mouse "presenter" and did not like it.

C'mon FB2K fans, what works?

OP -- Check out Keyspan URM-17A Express Remote Control , or, if your player is WMP or iTunes, the Mobile Edge MEAP03 PC Media Remote ... I just got both from Ammy, here are the two links:

Amazon.com: Keyspan URM-17A Express Remote Control: Electronics

Amazon.com: Mobile Edge MEAP03 PC Media Remote

The Mobile Edge really only works for Windows Media and iTunes, and the Keyspan will require work to set up for Foobar ... I consider both FS if your want to PM me and get them cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back