need a recommendation for headphones
Aug 20, 2012 at 1:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

nakler0

New Head-Fier
Hello, i really need a recommendation for headphone in Budget of 45$. i listen to dubstep, rock, and techno. is there a headphones out there that belongs to me? thanks for the help
(please dont tell me that 
sennheiser hd205 is for me because i heard that befor and thay are too much expensive to me)​

Aug 20, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #2 of 15
Try the Monoprice 8323. They have an accentuated bass that sounds great when listening to rock or techno. After shipping, the price is $30. A bargain, IMO. They sound as good as some competitors 3x the price.

Aug 21, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #3 of 15
Quote:
Try the Monoprice 8323. They have an accentuated bass that sounds great when listening to rock or techno. After shipping, the price is $30. A bargain, IMO. They sound as good as some competitors 3x the price.

I cannot agree more, give the Monoprice a try.  They are truly amazing and I paid around $25 and have not looked back.  

I have been into more high end audio systems over the past 10 years, and just got back into the whole headphone hobby a few months back.  After reading countless threads on how great the 8323 performed I said "what the heck" and ordered a pair.   With not a lot of other things to compare them to, I was sound struck and found them very dynamic for all types of music.  

Recently I decided to "upgrade" so I purchased some $150 Grado headphones and was sorely disappointed.  Nothing against the Grado brand, but for my listening taste, I kept going back to the 8323.  

Well worth trying, plus they stand behind their product so if you are not satisfied you can send them back.  But I doubt most will do this.

Give'm a try

Aug 23, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #5 of 15
If it makes you feel any better about the 8323's lower price, check out the Kicker HP541.  Its a re-branded version of the Monoprice, pretty much the same thing, without the Kicker branding.  They sell for over $50 and get great reviews.  Again, they are the same exact headphone as the Monoprice 8323.

Trying to keep you within your $45 range, take look at the KOSS PortaPro.   Another great performing headphone for the $.

Lastly, I don't have personal experience with this set of cans, but I read a few favorable reviews on the Superlux HD 668.

Good luck

Aug 23, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #6 of 15
Quote:
i have more money to spend so if you know a better headphones that cost a little bit more it will be OK

Alright! Awesome, here is my recommendation. Numark Red Wave. $70 shipped from amazon. Booming bass and SQ to boot. Portability is huge, they fold, swivel and the earcups flip. It also comes with a detachable, 10 foot cable. They are very good looking too. And on top of all of that, they are durable. Definitely give these a look!

Aug 27, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #9 of 15
If you are just breaking into the whole headphone audiophile hobby, you cannot go wrong.  Be confident that you made the right decision. The 8323 is IMO the most bang for the buck at the sub-$50 price point.   

I just got back into headphones a few months back and have been thoroughly impressed with how great they perform.   I have listened to highly recommended $80 headphones and have put the Monoprice on top...

Since making this initial purchase, I have really gotten more into my music and the whole headphone hobby.  Recently I purchased some Grado 125s and V-Moda M-80s that have brought me to the next level, but the gain in sound quality over the Monoprice is maybe 15%, but I am paying north of $150 which is 6 times the cost of the Monoprice cans. 

Good luck!

Sep 6, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #11 of 15
Nobody suggested the Panasonic RP-HTF600-S?

It has better comfort and sound for the same price but the monoprice has slightly better build quality and isolation.

I'm glad you like your mono's though. They're pretty good too.

Sep 9, 2012 at 7:59 AM Post #12 of 15
i did'nt get them yet because i live is israel and it take up to 2 weeks for the headphones to arrive. but when i get them i will post a review! they looke amazing to me and i really like the thing with the skins!

Sep 11, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #15 of 15
ok. i got the monoprice 8323 and thay are.... totally amazing! the earcups are great, the sound is amazing, the build quality is awsome. i love them! than you for all!!!

No problem. Just doing what I love here. Glad you like them. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back