Need a recommendation for a closed protable(ish) headphones under 200$
Nov 9, 2017 at 4:52 PM Post #17 of 25
Hello,
I would love to hear your recommendations for portable(ish), high quality headphones under 200$.
My ideal pair would be a closed, high quality, over ear and kind of portable with good sound isolation so people won't hear what I am listening to on the train\bus\etc.
Sound accuracy and bass are important for me, I want the bass to be accurate and punchy but not over the top and explosive.
Also, over ear is important for me but i can do with on ear if its a must, never in ear though, can't seem to manage them ever.

I thank you in advance for taking the time to read and respond to my thread :smile_phones:

If it is with the space that the headphone would make in the backpack, would not an IEM be better?

That should answer your question.

Nov 9, 2017 at 6:50 PM Post #18 of 25
The V Modas are a lot of fun if you want bass . I also found them fairly comfortable too.

Nov 9, 2017 at 9:03 PM Post #20 of 25
Sorry have not heard them.

Nov 10, 2017 at 7:53 AM Post #23 of 25
You filthy theifing thread hijacker!

Im kidding, I'd love to hear the answer for that too. :)
HEHE, you're right, I'm tired of focusing on a specific topic :k701smile:, but the dear @buke9 will not respond, he's tired of helping me thanks to my indecision and the many questions I've asked him last months, but honestly I would not buy a headphone just because of the portability, for me the sound is the most important, so I think you could take another look at ATH-MSR7, I have never used both but I believe it is better than the V-Moda.

Nov 10, 2017 at 8:29 AM Post #24 of 25
HEHE, you're right, I'm tired of focusing on a specific topic :k701smile:, but the dear @buke9 will not respond, he's tired of helping me thanks to my indecision and the many questions I've asked him last months, but honestly I would not buy a headphone just because of the portability, for me the sound is the most important, so I think you could take another look at ATH-MSR, I have never used both but I believe it is better than the V-Moda.
Thank you for your insight, I absolutely agree with what you said about aound vs. portability, but I think the V-moda will satisfy me regarding sound quality

Nov 10, 2017 at 8:00 PM Post #25 of 25
So let's talk about V-Moda anyway, do you think it has a very serious bass that overlaps the other frequencies? And how does it behave with slower, melodious songs like classical and jazz ?
No I don’t think the V-Modas step too hard on the other frequencies but they are bass heavy headphones and you can’t have a headphone that is that bass heavy that does everything great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back