Need a recommendation for a closed protable(ish) headphones under 200$
Nov 6, 2017 at 1:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

SilenceFiction

New Head-Fier
Hello,
I would love to hear your recommendations for portable(ish), high quality headphones under 200$.
My ideal pair would be a closed, high quality, over ear and kind of portable with good sound isolation so people won't hear what I am listening to on the train\bus\etc.
Sound accuracy and bass are important for me, I want the bass to be accurate and punchy but not over the top and explosive.
Also, over ear is important for me but i can do with on ear if its a must, never in ear though, can't seem to manage them ever.

I thank you in advance for taking the time to read and respond to my thread :smile_phones:

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #2 of 25
A used V-Moda M-100 fits your description well.

Nov 6, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #3 of 25
+1 on the Vmoda but I'm still going to whine about how tacky they look. The MDR 1A may also work

Nov 7, 2017 at 7:01 AM Post #5 of 25
I considered the V-moda M-100 but how portable are they?
I've never heard them but people seem to love the bass and I see them everywhere on campus

Nov 7, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #6 of 25
Nov 7, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #8 of 25
Oh I never noticed that. Thanks!

youre welcome
M-100_screen_3folds.png

Nov 9, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #14 of 25
I personally find that headphones that fold flat like the ATs are easier to deal with than the way the VMs fold. They can just slip in along with books instead of bulking up in your bag. But, if you have room at the top of your bag or something like that, the VMs should be fine.

Nov 9, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #15 of 25
I personally find that headphones that fold flat like the ATs are easier to deal with than the way the VMs fold. They can just slip in along with books instead of bulking up in your bag. But, if you have room at the top of your bag or something like that, the VMs should be fine.
I have a different compartment for my notebooks and for my headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back