Need a modestly-priced gift for graduating female college student
Dec 14, 2006 at 3:22 AM Post #16 of 32
Go to the mall and go to one of those beauty stores like Bath and Body Works or one of those chic looking feminine skin lotion mall stores.

Buy some really nice skin lotion and shampoo/bubble bath stuff. Most girls love that kind of bath pampering stuff, including myself (I'm a man).

You may even find a nice gift basket too in the store that has a nice package of goodies like lotion, fancy soap, etc...

You may not realise this, but these kinds of high end bath products are highly valued by lots of women and even men. You'll probably spend about $20-$50 approximately. A modest amount in my opinion and she should be happy.

Dec 14, 2006 at 5:11 AM Post #18 of 32
Get her an iBuzz.
biggrin.gif

Dec 14, 2006 at 8:39 AM Post #22 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnywolfet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
pay for a day at a spa, you can tell her that after working so hard, she deserves to relax and be pampered.

This works great. Same with setting her up for a manicure or pedicure.

Dec 14, 2006 at 6:29 PM Post #23 of 32
I like the watch suggestion, also appropiate for the occasion would be an expensive pen, feminine briefcase or handbag.

I don't know about perfumes, bath products or spa treatments for a SISTER.
plainface.gif
it's ok for a gf/wife but if my brother gave me something like that I'd think it's weird.
blink.gif

Dec 15, 2006 at 1:27 AM Post #24 of 32
I have to disagree possibly. Most girls will appreciate it especially if it's the high end stuff like L'Otticane products. If she knows about these products and realise what they are, she will appreciate it. There is nothing strange about giving high end bath luxury products. I love the shampoos from L'Occitane and they are around $20 a bottle. If someone gave me that I would like it no matter who gave it to me. It's good quality high end stuff.

Aveda products are nice too, that's also good high end soaps and stuff for skin care. Most average girls can't afford those products so a gift basket from those stores would be highly valued, assuming she knew about these products and reputation.

So giving a sister some excellent bath products is not wierd, if it's the really good stuff that she normally would not afford. If however, he gave her a Valentines Day gift, that would be wierd.

Dec 15, 2006 at 6:36 AM Post #25 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spareribs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have to disagree possibly.

What does this mean? it's ok to disagree with me, you know? the OP asked for opinions and I gave mine, you may agree, disagree or remain indifferent.

Quote:

Most girls will appreciate it especially if it's the high end stuff like L'Otticane products. If she knows about these products and realise what they are, she will appreciate it. There is nothing strange about giving high end bath luxury products. I love the shampoos from L'Occitane and they are around $20 a bottle. If someone gave me that I would like it no matter who gave it to me. It's good quality high end stuff.

Aveda products are nice too, that's also good high end soaps and stuff for skin care. Most average girls can't afford those products so a gift basket from those stores would be highly valued, assuming she knew about these products and reputation.

I mean no disrespect to you, but this part of your post sounds elitist and condescending. I never heard of L'otticane products (sound like overpriced L'oreal) but you make it sound like not many girls can afford $20 a bottle of hair/skin products?
rolleyes.gif
You have no idea the amount of $$$ ANY girl spends in beauty products. And Aveda is not so exclusive either, it's sold everywhere and it's not the most expensive stuff out there, not to mention some of their products are a little smelly. I don't know who you're trying to impress but you make it sound like it's only available to you and Cleopatra...
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

So giving a sister some excellent bath products is not wierd, if it's the really good stuff that she normally would not afford. If however, he gave her a Valentines Day gift, that would be wierd.

You completely misunderstand WHY it's weird to give these gifts to a SISTER for her GRADUATION.
When a man gives a woman perfumes, lotions and scents I see it as a romantic gesture, because the aromas are supposed to stimulate her senses and she'll think of her man while she rubs these concoctions on her body. Anything that touches the skin in an intimate manner should be reserved for lovers (IMO of course, like everything else I say)

Because it's a graduation, something of lasting value would be more appreciated, like a desk clock with a nice engraving, an engraved pen set, even the PDA idea was great if she's a practical kind of girl. This gift should say: "I'm proud of you, Sis", and not "go slip into something more comfortable" or even worse: "you can't afford this, so I'll buy you a $20 shampoo for graduating in biology, WTG"
rolleyes.gif

Can you see what I mean at all?

Anyways, I just wanted to elaborate, possibly.
tongue.gif

Dec 15, 2006 at 3:14 PM Post #28 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by iGig /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When a man gives a woman perfumes, lotions and scents I see it as a romantic gesture, because the aromas are supposed to stimulate her senses and she'll think of her man while she rubs these concoctions on her body. Anything that touches the skin in an intimate manner should be reserved for lovers (IMO of course, like everything else I say)

You are thinking way too deeply about this. A nice basket of high end beauty products is nice for women because it's easy to buy without too much shopping around. Most women will appreciate this and it will be a win win gift idea. It's quite simple actually and easy.

If you are suggesting stuff like other things, like watches and clocks, etc... that may be good too but if she doesn't like that design, she may not use it and shopping around for that kind of stuff can be too time consuming.

My idea is more practicle because all you have to do is go to the beauty store and pick up a nice holiday basket and that's it. It makes it much easier to buy a sister a great gift.

If I were to shop for a girlfriend/wife, then I would put more thought into it and spend more time in buying the stuff like watches and other things.

I understand that you may be a very sensual person and that's good but I have bought a nice bottle of cologne for my buddy on his birthday and he loved it and in no way does he think of me in a sensual way when he smells his cologne.

Dec 15, 2006 at 5:39 PM Post #29 of 32
Bold = My eyes wide open in disbelief.
blink.gif

Quote:

You are thinking way too deeply about this. A nice basket of high end beauty products is nice for women because it's easy to buy without too much shopping around. Most women will appreciate this and it will be a win win gift idea. It's quite simple actually and easy.

If you are suggesting stuff like other things, like watches and clocks, etc... that may be good too but if she doesn't like that design, she may not use it and shopping around for that kind of stuff can be too time consuming.

My idea is more practicle because all you have to do is go to the beauty store and pick up a nice holiday basket and that's it. It makes it much easier to buy a sister a great gift.

If I were to shop for a girlfriend/wife, then I would put more thought into it and spend more time in buying the stuff like watches and other things.

I understand that you may be a very sensual person and that's good but I have bought a nice bottle of cologne for my buddy on his birthday and he loved it and in no way does he think of me in a sensual way when he smells his cologne.

Oh boy…I see the situation is worse than I thought.
plainface.gif

Two questions come to mind and they require no answer: How old are you? and: Do you have a sister?

Girlfriends and (some) wives come and go, but a sister is forever. If my brother gave me a basket of soaps for my graduation I’d smack him on the head with it, but he would never do that because he has more common sense than an ant.
icon10.gif

I have a feeling your buddy is rubbing himself in cologne, singing “I’m too sexy for my shirt” and dreaming of kissing a wookie. hahaha

Quote:

Originally Posted by puiah11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Victoria's Secret gift card.

Might as well… ROFL

Dec 15, 2006 at 6:03 PM Post #30 of 32
The boyfriend pillow...

AU0252.jpg

But seriously...Get her a Mont Blanc and call it a day. Fill it up with sparkly purple ink or something girly.

I still think she woulda had more **ahem** "fun" with the iBuzz.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back