Need a lot of Head-fi Force......
Jun 29, 2006 at 1:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

nabwong

Headphoneus Supremus
So i went for a scholarship interview last sunday and i'm awaiting the final decision. There were 84 applicants this year and i was part of a shortlist of 11. I went first and i hope i made a good impression. There will be 3 or 4 awards given out i think; 1 big one and 2 or 3 small ones.

There's nothing more i can do at this point but i was hoping the Force of head-fi can tip it in my favor. As a self-supporting foreign student in Boston, the money would be a huge help. Also i can get the ath-ad2000 in time for the Boston meet
biggrin.gif

Thanks a lot guys!!!!!!!!!!

Jun 29, 2006 at 7:30 AM Post #2 of 19
All the luck to you, I say. If you do get it, please post.

600smile.gif
Abe

Jun 29, 2006 at 1:59 PM Post #8 of 19
pshh... it's all a bunch of simple tricks and nonsense

hansolo10.jpg

Jun 29, 2006 at 3:10 PM Post #9 of 19
all the best! may the force be with you!

anyway...
this reminds me of this time I messed up a really important (aka big $$$) scholarship interview.

a question was posed to me: do you enjoy studying physics?

with my parent's advice floating within my head (always tell the truth, aaron) i proceeded to tell them that i hated it and could not wait to drop the subject. i spoke passionately of my loves: biology, medicine, the human body. strange glances were exchanged between the interviewing panelists.

on my way out of the building, i passed through a corridor with the pictures of the previous scholarship holders displayed on the walls for all and sundry to view.

each and every one of them were engineers.

doh!

Jun 29, 2006 at 5:54 PM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo
If you get it does it mean you are a Big Shot then and will forget all about Head-Fi?
very_evil_smiley.gif

I don't think a classical trumpet player can ever be a big shot, so no risk of that. Headphones, amps, cd players, dacs, etc are all related to my education since i need to listen to good music
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by felixkrull6
Good luck with the scholarship!

Didn't you also say that your occupation was a life long student?

Are we going to have to do this every couple of years?

If i can get paid to study for the rest of my life, i will be a happy man.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks all for the support. It really does help. I'll let you know the outcome, good or bad.

Jun 29, 2006 at 5:57 PM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by adhoc
all the best! may the force be with you!

anyway...
this reminds me of this time I messed up a really important (aka big $$$) scholarship interview.

a question was posed to me: do you enjoy studying physics?

with my parent's advice floating within my head (always tell the truth, aaron) i proceeded to tell them that i hated it and could not wait to drop the subject. i spoke passionately of my loves: biology, medicine, the human body. strange glances were exchanged between the interviewing panelists.

on my way out of the building, i passed through a corridor with the pictures of the previous scholarship holders displayed on the walls for all and sundry to view.

each and every one of them were engineers.

doh!

Man...i did a lot of prep for the interview. I researched the committee, their background, ideology etc. I even read a book written by the chairperson. LOL... also wrote down all the questions they could ask me, professional and personal ones and then rehearsed it with 3 friends. It was hard work. Oh yeah, i also talked to the past winners
tongue.gif

Jun 29, 2006 at 7:07 PM Post #14 of 19
I sincerely do hope you get it and I will be praying for you. However, if you do not get it, do not get discouraged. You have done your best and that is all that really matters. As you grow older, a lot of things will not go the way you want them to, but you realize later on that things happen for a reason.

Nab- may the force be with you! Good luck!

Jul 1, 2006 at 4:35 AM Post #15 of 19
You never know on what path the Head-Fi Force will lead you, or where this particular event lies on that path. But, to give some perspective on the journey ...

Trust the Head-Fi Force (and your ears), nabwong.

The Head-Fi Force will be with you (along with your favorite portable rig) ... always!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back