Need a little help chosing high end IEMs
Mar 5, 2011 at 2:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

EZlnk

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I'm in the market for some new IEM's and I figured i'd ask around in these forum to get the help of my knowledgeable peers in choosing some good ones :)

I'm currently using some cheap ones that came with my phone (Samsung Galaxy S series) as my old Shure SE210 no longer work, so needless to say the sound is not great.

These IEMs would primarily be used to listen to music on my phone. I listen to a lot of different types of music but mostly hip hop / rap, rock and some electronic music (Daft Punk and such).

As far as budget goes i'm looking at the $350 range but I might go the extra mile and add a hundred dollars to that if needed for something fantastic. Currently i was thinking of something in the range of Westone 3, Sennheiser ie8 and such. Maybe even 4 driver IEMs if they are truly something else.

In terms of preference I guess i like a balanced sound with a large sound stage, something dynamic with a decent amount of bass. It also needs to have a good seal for noise isolation as i take the subway quite often (I found my SE210 to be great for that)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Mar 6, 2011 at 1:52 PM Post #2 of 3
I was in your position not to long ago. I ended up buying the IE8s and I have no regrets what so ever. I am a big bass head and these IEM can produce the bass that I require from my music. I listen to a lot of trance and house music. The sound stage like what many other reviewers say is large! But its lacking on the isolation =\. 

Mar 6, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #3 of 3

Quote:
I was in your position not to long ago. I ended up buying the IE8s and I have no regrets what so ever. I am a big bass head and these IEM can produce the bass that I require from my music. I listen to a lot of trance and house music. The sound stage like what many other reviewers say is large! But its lacking on the isolation =\. 

x2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back